3 month check up

Status
Not open for further replies.

newwheels08

Just returned from my 3 month re-check after bi-lateral THR in February. New X-rays today and a good report...no changes and all is well...Yeah!

At 3 months, little by little a return to a more normal life...an unguarded move here and there that does not hurt.... Walking an extra block or two and not thinking about my hips, or the surgery...or arthritis. Reaching my feet and putting socks on for the first time...tying my shoes again....walking without a limp. All small victories, for an overall life changing process.

All I could do today was thank my OS repeatedly for his skill and expertise, and wish him well. He is leaving his practice in CA and going back to teaching on the east coast next week. I did not know that until today. A week later an I would have missed the opportunity.

He also gave me a copy of my hospital operative notes. It had the whole operation in graphic, but scientific detail. I guess as he was speaking during surgery and the notes were transcriibed. Interesting reading. I found out that I received Smith&Nephew MOM joints....something called "Synergy". Not that it matters, I had never heard of that type anywhere, I am just glad they work.

Anyway...glad to have found this forum before the surgery and to become a member after. Thanks to all of you for your support and help during my recovery.....Also, sorry for the long note. I have a lot to be thankful for.

newwheels08,
Glad to hear you are doing so well. I am also at three months but will not see my doctor until 5 months. You sound like you are doing great. I am still limping but have not gotten my muscle totally strenghthened on my left side. I am also dealing with a bone spur in the right foot and the beginning signs of the right arthritic hip. So, that keeps me in a tizzy.... As they say, each day is a milestone for all of us HIP people and then there are days that set us all back. But, in the long run we have to remember, NO MORE PAIN...Once again,
glad to hear you are doing so good. Westexas

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member