THR 3 day countdown for THR : the sequel

TysMom09

Country
United States United States
Hi all,
Monday 12/19/22 is my 2nd THR after the left leg about 6 months ago. I'm so ready, my left side is 3/8 of an inch longer and even with a lift in the right shoe I still have pain in my lower back and along with the right hip practically fused in place by bone spurs. I can't walk to the mailbox across the parking lot without tears. Of course this has interfered with my ability to exercise and keep the left leg moving as much as I should have. I'm noticing a dull ache in the operative leg and I have gained 37lbs in 6 months and now I'm 190 lbs putting stress on both hips. I'm just hoping that I have mostly even legs and can get back to a better weight. I'm worried about the pain of the scar and thigh on the left and I hope I didn't set myself up for a harder and longer recovery..thank you ❤️.

@TysMom09 Not long now! You are going to be so happy when that second THR is done. I'm sure your surgeon will be able to address that leg length difference. Be sure and mention it to them before your surgery.
I'm worried about the pain of the scar and thigh on the left and I hope I didn't set myself up for a harder and longer recovery.
I'm sure some of this is due to trying to stay off that right side. Your gait is all wrong and that impacts the lower back as well as that left hip.

We are with you all the way!

Welcome back @TysMom09
Wishing you speedy healing in advance....

Best Wishes for Monday!
It sounds like you're ready to get the show on the road.
Thankfully only one more weekend to go. I hope to see you on the Hip Recovery forum soon. Please join us there for support once you're feeling up to it. :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
@TysMom09

I can so relate with what you're going through because I was in similar pain and bedridden pre-op. My muscles atrophied and I gained 10 pounds from lack of exercise and stress-eating. Like you, I was really psychologically ready for surgery. I mean it's our only hope! I'm now 8 weeks postop (first hip), and while I've not recovered as quickly as I unrealistically hoped considering my pre-op disability, I am improving at my own pace, up and walking, driving, doing household chores with minimal discomfort. In fact my biggest challenge is not overdoing and asking too much of my traumatized body. So good luck on Monday. Keep the faith because you will become active again, your pain will be managed or diminished, and you'll be on your way! Once you're on the other side, keep.us posted so you can get all the great advice and support offered on this forum. Best wishes!

Hi all,
Monday 12/19/22 is my 2nd THR after the left leg about 6 months ago. I'm so ready, my left side is 3/8 of an inch longer and even with a lift in the right shoe I still have pain in my lower back and along with the right hip practically fused in place by bone spurs. I can't walk to the mailbox across the parking lot without tears. Of course this has interfered with my ability to exercise and keep the left leg moving as much as I should have. I'm noticing a dull ache in the operative leg and I have gained 37lbs in 6 months and now I'm 190 lbs putting stress on both hips. I'm just hoping that I have mostly even legs and can get back to a better weight. I'm worried about the pain of the scar and thigh on the left and I hope I didn't set myself up for a harder and longer recovery..thank you ❤️.
Right there with you! Had my left one done in 2021. The right is now scheduled for January 23rd. I have gained 25-30 pounds, right about 200 pounds. 52 years old. I want my life back. I do not have as much pain with this hip though so it is making me question if I am ready, but I know it will eventually be as bad as the previous had been and that was awfu! Hope your surgery went good!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Axx72
    Staff member since December 27, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562