TKR 2nd tkr

Surprisekr

Country
United States United States
Had first tkr 5/9/19. Second one is scheduled for 4/9/20. Know a bit more now. It is a long haul. First one just starting to have strength.

Someone wiser than I will stop by soon with lots of good information and support, but I’m here to tell you that you came to the right place. BoneSmart will be very helpful in understanding what can be understood about what’s going on in your new knee.

You’ll find plenty of people had both knees done months apart, so there are folks to talk about the process of recovery from that point of view.

I hope it all goes well for you. Stick with BoneSmart because it is a great support.

@Surprisekr Welcome to BoneSmart! Can you tell me which knee you are having replaced in April? I'll get the information added to your signature and get you signed up in the April surgery group. It's great to go through this with others on the same journey.

Hello @Surprisekr - and :welome:

Here is some pre-op reading, to help you prepare for your surgery:
If you are at the stage where you have joint pain but don't know for sure if you are ready to have surgery, these links may help:
Score Chart: How bad is my arthritic knee?
Choosing a surgeon and a prosthesis
BMI Calculator - What to do if your surgeon says you're too heavy for joint replacement surgery
Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced knee, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing knee recoveries

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks