TKR 2nd TKR Left on 10/16 (RTKR 10/13/21)

Thank you for your replies! I am just feeling yucky all around and knee is not happy! spending time resting and elevating & icing. la de da, what's on Netflix?? LOL

I'm so sorry you're dealing with pain after the activity on Christmas. With lots of rest and ice you'll likely be feeling better soon. Hopefully you're enjoying something good on Netflix. Big hugs! :console2:
@ALOKneedsadvice

If it's any consolation, I am down as well. Healing from revision, and another surgery a week ago and now an ear infection. Christmas movie marathon it has been! Prime has lots of good ones. Big hugs.:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4::friends:

@CatieViv oh no, ouch! When it rains, etc etc!
yes and thank the stars their is pretty good tv choices nowadays!
Hope healing happens soon! :ok::console2:

2 MONTHS & 22 DAYS - POST OP

Hello Bonesmart People!
Checking in. Just about 3 months... I can do sorta long walks: about one 1.5 hours. I can go out and do restaurants and do sightseeing. I have been sorting through paperwork and cleaning and organizing my office. Up and down stairs a lot. You know, most of the activities. What I am feeling now is fatigue! Also when I stop the activities, a deep throb and burn. I have to take entire rest days in between all of this. Yesterday after the morning activities I took a nap and today I'm just chilling!
Off meds, I did have one tramadol the other day after the walk. But typically I don't take anything (not even aspirin). My knee still very tight and sore. I keep thinking I should be further along, but I know it's such a long journey.

Uggh. It continues... would love to hear others experiences at 3 months post-op!

Keep PATIENT my friends! :dubious:

On my latest walk!

13784DBF-75B3-4363-A7D4-7A99D3606E80.jpeg

Wow! A great report at less than three months.

My one concern is that if your 1.5 hour walks result afterwards in throb, burn, and deep fatigue that your body is telling you, in the only way it knows how, that it's Too Much.

Rather than a pattern of overdoing it one day and then having a recovery day, your healing and rehab process may go more smoothly if you pace yourself every day.

Wow! A great report at less than three months.

My one concern is that if your 1.5 hour walks result afterwards in throb, burn, and deep fatigue that your body is telling you, in the only way it knows how, that it's Too Much.

Rather than a pattern of overdoing it one day and then having a recovery day, your healing and rehab process may go more smoothly if you pace yourself every day.

That would be more reasonable (pacing myself) what a good idea! I have a "binge" personality... which looks like I have applied to my recovery-- LOL :oyvey:Today I will take the morning off and then approach my day, with a little walk an appointment, and house stuff. I think I will schedule my days this way and see how it goes.

I appreciate the feedback for sure!
:console2::yahoo::good-bad:

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Cute pic of you on your walk. Wishing you many more! :walking:
@ALOKneedsadvice

3 MONTHS & SOME CHANGE

Thank you @Layla for your well wishes! I continue on the journey.

I am having a LONGER length of time between being fatigued and knee in pain. The other day I did a 25-minute mild cardio and some upper body weights and knee exercises. I did o.k. the next day and moved around a lot, yesterday afternoon and today I feel very tired! napped yesterday afternoon after sleeping 8 hours and fatigued today. So I'm not out of the woods yet. My knee does O.K., it just feels achy and painful when I go downstairs. I'm playing around with being active, but not going too far.

I see Doc tomorrow, so hoping for a good report. How do others feel 3 months post-op I wonder?

Thanks to all you nice bonesmart people!! and everyone who gives feedback. It is so valuable and comforting to others who are going through this for the first time. Even though I went through this 2 years ago, I totally forgot a lot of the experience. Also, no two knees are alike (so I've heard)

HANG IN THERE!!:wave:

Sounds like you are doing great! Good luck with your appointment.

My three month note was that I was finally sleeping better, my walking had increased to a mile non stop, I still couldn't use the stationary bike but could do stairs sequentially, and if I sat too long the knee was horribly stiff and in the evenings my quads had a deep ache.

You're welcome! Thank you for the update.
Best Wishes for your visit with the OS today. I'm betting you'll receive his nod of approval on your recovery this far. You're doing great! Let us know how it goes...if you have time.
Happy Thursday!
@ALOKneedsadvice

3 MONTHS & 14 DAYS POST OP

Venting: UGGG. I cannot forget about this long recovery. Just when you think it's safe to get in the water! I should be all good by now, right? WRONG. I do my 25-minute super light walking in place, some upper body weights (only 4 lbs), and my regular PT exercises. I then do the regular amount of moving around the house and doing some grocery shopping the next day. That night and next day, deep throbbing, quad pain, ANKLE sore, shins sore. I had to take a pain med! (which has not happened in a couple of weeks). Yesterday I went to COSTCO and today still with the ache, throb, and ankle pain and burn. Now I'm scared to do anything today or tomorrow and the next day!!! OY! :oyvey:

I'm sort of aware that this is normal? and that I didn't mess up my knee. Anyone, with the ankle and quad stuff this far along?? I'M over this...LOL

HAPPY Sunday, it's sunny here in the Bay area and we are waiting for our NINERS to beat the LIONS (or at least my hubs is- LOL)

VIEW FROM my bedroom window when I lay wondering if I should take a walk or NOT! :what:

Go NINERS!
Be well everyone:wave: and feedback welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_0908.jpg
    IMG_0908.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 22
That night and next day, deep throbbing, quad pain, ANKLE sore, shins sore. I had to take a pain med! (which has not happened in a couple of weeks).
That is your body's way of telling you that you are trying to do too much!

Rather than trying to do everything -- walking, weight-lifting, PT exercise, grocery shopping AND those activities of daily living -- all in one day, stage your activity. Maybe do 2 of those thing one day and 2 others the next.

Remember, this is a year-long recovery and, at 3-1/2 months, you are not even one-third of the way through it.

As my OS says, the most important muscle to exercise during this recovery is the Patience Muscle! :wink:

I agree that you earned your membership in the OverDid It Club ....
You're right in that danger zone, 1/3 - 2/3 way through a year long recovery when our brains say "yes" and our knees say "no".... and the knee is still totally calling the shots.
My newer knee is over 7 months old, I'm thrilled with its ROM and function... and yep I can still overdo it.
I don't take a walk at the outer limit of my current capacity on the same day as doing yardwork or floor exercises or major quarterly grocery shopping. I select one of the above and do a light version of another. The other two things can wait!

Last edited:
4.5 MONTHS POST-OP

Checking in here!
I have been back to my life (sorta). Recently been doing a lot of "stand up" work, organizing pantries and kitchens for my new business. Today my knee is pretty sore and tight. I have more pain than I did with my right knee at this stage which is really a bummer! a couple of weeks ago, the left side of my new knee was achy, and sore warranting ice... I was exercising with a trainer with my last knee at this time. I know each knee is different but I'm disappointed! I will carry on and try to be more patient, such an important component of this healing.

Hope everyone is having a good healing day! I'm trying to decide whether to take it easy on my knee and return to my organizing work tomorrow. (the nice thing about running your own business!)

thanks for listening! :wave:

Happy Tuesday @ALOKneedsadvice . I am a few weeks behind you in recovery. It sounds like you are having a great recovery.

At 4 months out, I feel like I have been back to my life, sort of too! I go to the gym 1-2 days a week, and during the rest of the days I am doing ADL and my stretching exercises. I do have a tendency to overdo it when I go to the gym, even when I think I am NOT! I am just so anxious to get back to normal. I think I feel like I turned a corner a few weeks ago, with much less pain in my knee. However, I still have that annoying tight band feeling in my knee. If I am busy, I can pretty much ignore it, but it does interfere with my flex. Do you get that tight band feeling? I am trying to be patient, and I am much better then I was early on in my recovery.

I love reading about your recovery. This forum really helps me know that I am not alone.:wave:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Nosila
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom