TKR 2nd tkr; end of my OA!!

Jaycey

ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Had to change the bandaid due to drainage but bandage itself didn't have any drainage on it.
This is good news!
Is it normal for lower leg, ankle, and foot to swell this much after surgery?
It is hard to say what is "normal". As you say - each and every recovery is different even on the same person.

If icing and elevating isn't helping I would call your OS tomorrow and voice your concerns. Just for the peace of mind as you are still on antibiotics.
Thanks for allowing me to vent a little
Vent away! That's what were are here for! Please keep us updated.

OP
OP
D

doodlebug60

Country
United States United States
Went to see OS on the 19th. No sign of infection. Still have a lot of swelling but it's only been 3 weeks since the washout. I'm still taking Ciprofloxacin twice a day to prevent any more infections. Staples and stitches were removed on the 19th. I'm glad of that. Rom is about 100 when swelling goes down some. Straightening is at 0. I don't have any pain issues. Leg and ankle and foot are still swelling bad when I've been on my feet for awhile. I go back to my OS on November 16th for follow up. Well that's about all for now. Wishing everyone great recoveries. Doodlebug

OP
OP
D

doodlebug60

Country
United States United States
Hey all in recovery;
I haven't been on in a while. Thought I would give an update. Left knee is 9.5 months old. It is doing well. Right knee is 2 months since the washout. Have between 90 and 105 on Rom and 0 on extension. I have a lot of problems with my leg, ankle, and foot swelling on my right side which causes my right knee not to bend like I would like it to. One minute I can ride the stationary bike fine; and the next day I might not be able to get 1 revolution on it. I'm just hoping the Rom will start coming together soon. This knee is just taking it's sweet time compared to the first one. At least I haven't had any more infections. That's all for now. Hoping everyone has a great recovery. Doodlebug

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Lyla
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Top Bottom