THR Pre op 2nd THR...on Nov 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 days to go.... and nervous. Wasn't this nervous with hip#1
I was more nervous before hip #2 as well. Not sure why as the results were much better with that one.

Not long now and you will join the double hippie club! We are here for you!

@ritabell. Me too, I am looking forward to the pain going away but otherwise emotional. Got my bathrooms cleaned yesterday and then could not sleep last night due to pain. I guess it was a good reminder but not appreciated by me. Warned my husband I was extra emotional and my sense of humor is gone pretty much.

We will do great. After all we are experienced in recovery and know we will get to a pain free life.

I am finishing preppng downstairs - commode over toilet set, walker cleaned off, reachers even more out and available. Table next to recliner set up with necessities like meds, hand lotion, emergency Miralax, thermometer, BP machine, small garbage can. Trying out different set ups before I come home. Later and tomorrow will pack suitcase for hospital and bring some clothes downstairs for at least 1st week of recovery if I do not feel up to doing stairs.

I find concentrating on planning and tweaking keeps me calmer and focused on the good things - recovery to a pain free life.

I've been getting prepared for a week now. It seems that every day, I find 10 more things to do, I imagine to keep me busy. Have to set up things next to my bed tomorrow. Your list was helpful...thermometer, emergency miralax and BP machine are things I didn't think to include next to the bed. After washing nearly everything in our house, I was in a lot of pain today, the worst day yet.

I am so emotional and cry a lot about anything for the past week and I found that even more true taking pain meds last time. Oh well....

Sleeping is such a problem pre- and post-. I just can't get comfortable for the first 2 weeks.

Making chicken soup tomorrow that will last for the rest of the week.

Your list was helpful...thermometer, emergency miralax and BP machine are things I didn't think to include next to the bed.
I agree, I did not see these mentioned anywhere else and they make good sense, @ritabell and @leejaa .
You sound well prepared Ritabell, and homemade chicken soup will be on my food recovery list, too.
Wishing you a successful surgery and recovery.

Just dropping by to say hello and wish you comfort as you await surgery on Wednesday.
I hope you have couple of peaceful and relaxing nights.
:)

We will be looking for you on the healing side @ritabell
Last one and done.:egypdance:

Aww, big hugs to you! I always get emotional reading about the pre-op anxiety others express. I still remember it!

Remember now that tomorrow everyone will be there doing what they were trained to do and what they do best. It will be just another Wednesday to them. Everyone wants the best possible outcome and they will all work toward that end. You'll be in good caring hands and we'll be thinking of you and looking forward to following your healing journey on the flip side.
Wishing you comfort and peace of mind as you wait.
@ritabell

See you on the sunny side of the street tomorrow. I will be the one smiling with relief that it is over and from pain meds - I think relief more than pain meds. Sending (((hugs))):friends::flwrysmile:

Good luck tomorrow Leejaa . Be talking to you maybe Thursday or Friday?

Thanks to everyone for their kinds thoughts. I am now awaiting the famous hospital check-in call which means it's real. I hope I can sleep tonight.

Ritabell praying for a speedy recovery. May you get back quickly to the lifestyle you once enjoyedWish you well and are you glad you are pain free.. Of course you going to have some surgical pain but remember is temporary. Praise God.
Get better soo. Much Love, Gretell

Healing hugs coming your way in advance:friends:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties