2nd Knee Replacement June 6th

dart10

Country
United States United States
Hi,
Having my 2nd knee replacement here in Charlotte on June 6th at Charlotte Ortho. I had my first Total in July of 2017 in Cincinnati, Ohio. I then moved to Charlotte, NC in September 2017. The first surgery was on my left knee, the June 6th surgery will be to the right knee.

Hello @dart10 - and :welome:

Please will you tell us the date of your first knee replacement as well, and which knee was done then, so we can make a signature for you? Thank you.:flwrysmile:

Have you joined the June Sunbeams monthly group yet?
Just post your surgery date in the
2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
thread at the top of the Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area page and you'll be added to the list.
It's a good idea to get to know your fellow BoneSmarties who will be getting new joints this month. We've found that it helps to have a group of folks who are going through surgery and do it as a team....helping and supporting each other.

Here is some pre-op reading for you, to help you prepare for your surgery:

Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

Regardless of where you are in the process, the website and app My Knee Guide can help you stay organized and informed. The free service keeps all the information pertaining to your surgery and recovery in one place on your smartphone. It is intended to be a personal support tool for the entire process.

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced knee, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing knee recoveries

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks