THR 26 days and I need a hug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Queenie !! , I'm in Sydney Australia !!!! :)

But the feelings we each have of pain, angst, frustration and fear I think we can all understand and country represents no barrier . This forum is amazing isn't it!?

Hope you feel better and slightly stronger each day , keep us updated xxxxx

Hi Queenie - just catching up with your thread. Chin up and keep up the good work. Early days and it is very hard to get into the swing of things at this stage. So far you have seen fairly quick progress. Now it seems like nothing is moving on. That's why we created recovery threads. It's a way to keep track of how you are doing. Then when you have dull days - look back at your progress. Hang in there!

Hi Queenie...big hugs sent your way from not so sunny Scunny (Scunthorpe). You are doing marvellously at the stage you are at, and I think you're just like the rest of us and expect too much too soon, I did too. Sleeping was a big issue with me but after buying loads of pillows and placing them all around and under me I found that eventually I actually enjoyed sleeping on my back. I'm at 10 weeks post op now and am just starting to try and get round without a stick without "waddling". But, each day, I can do a little more than I could the day before. Keep laughing and seeing the funny side of it all and I'm sure you wont go far wrong.....and ENJOY being pampered by your family. You will never be a burden to them coz they love you. HUGS :friends:

Aaaah.....Thanks guys,

What a lovely bunch you are! I'm feelin' the lurve...I really am!!

Linda and Elosarabrab(do you mind if I call your Elo? It's so much easier!), yes the sleep thing has been a major issue for me. Takes me back to the first few months of having a li'l baby in the house. Sleep depravation is a form of torture in a lot of countries you know. No wonder a lot of us get those 'down days'..........It is literally torture!!! Thank goodness it passes eventually. Great news though guys, I thought I'd attempt a little try on my unoperated side this morning and I managed 10mins.....YEEHAA!! Not long I know, but it gave my back a different stretch and felt Gert Lush!

Stargirl....How are you diddling?......you are an inspiration to me.....always so positive and happy(no pressure there!!). I have a touch of Gypsy blood in me and I have a feeling that you do too. You are def in touch with the universe....Say no more.

I feel very positive today....Yep today is going to be a good day. I've got some lovely girlfriends coming over tonight. Bless them, they've suggested we have a pyjama party just so that I don't feel underdressed in my very fetching sloggies!

Onwards and upwards.

Lotsa love

Queenie xxx

Hang in there Queenie small milestones turn into big ones.... bug hugs coming your way from down under xxx

Can anyone comment on the benefits of being awake during surgery?

Can anyone comment on the benefits of being awake during surgery?
Err.. NO! I consider it TMI. Though not fighting after effects of anesthesia could be beneficial. My anesthesiologist told me he was planning to put in extra so I wouldn't need morphine post op. I did not ever need morphine though I couldn't hold anything down for a full day afterward - water included. Spent the day with a barf bag by my side. I'm told this is anesthesia after effect. :giggle:

Hi Queenie

Just a quick note re sleeping. Although I did eventually get used to sleeping on my back, I found it difficult at first. I would be very reluctant to take sleeping pills as such, but a GP recommended herbal tablets, called Kalms. They are non-addictive, with very few contra-indications. You can get them in Boots, or the big supermarkets.

I find they help. Of course, it may be a placebo effect, but if it gets you to sleep, who cares?

Even my husband - who seems to think that taking any kind of tablet will immediately mark him out as a right nancy boy - will occasionally deign to take Kalms. Praise indeed!

Worth a try?

Glynis

Wow Queenie, you have started on the road to better sleeping....HOOORAAAY! Like Poppet says, those little tiny milestones turn into huge ones and good sleep helps you to achieve them! Onward and upward! :yay:

is Valerian the active ingredient in Kalms?

Hi Tizzy55: We had our surgeries on the same day!

Glynis

That really made me chuckle! Our husbands sound very similar ; ). Don't suppose he ever played rugby?
Thanks for the Kalms recommendation. Sending Hubby up to Tesco later.

Queenie xxx

Hi Queenie,

Hello from the States. I just had a revision on Jan 21st, and I had lots and lots of PT the first time. So my surgeon found out this time that the stem was loose and likely causing all my pain. I'm taking it slow this time and letting everything heal. So don't think that not enough PT can make you be in the 4%. I've been wondering if too much PT put me in the 4%

Glad you found us. Funny, I started getting hooked on Homeland a week before the surgery and have been entertaining myself with it all this time. I have the last episode of season 2 left, and I'm keeping it as a special treat. Otherwise, I watch loads of Home improvement shows.

I hope you are feeling better, and please don't beat yourself up about the PT. I'm not going to have any until I feel sure I've had a good chance for everything to grow together - at least 6 weeks and likely more.

Best to you, Queenie

T.H.

Hi Queenie!! Thankyou for your beautiful message , you could not have been more accurate in your description of me which is astounding given I have people that have known me all my life and have not pinpointed me so accurately :) xxxx
With the now banished OA pain for the last ten years I was starting to lose my real self with the immobility . 10 days post op and I am feeling on fire ready to trek the world, even with my cane!

In fact I am not originally from Sydney but have commited to a lease here to live for a few months for a change of scene because I love this beautiful city and know it will regenerate me with its electric energy so I can return home to my beloved tall and strong once again and full of joi de vivre - joy of life .

Believe me when I say the insomnia will go as our magical bodies recuperate evey single moment and you awake to a day even brighter than yesterday xxxx

Hey Queenie .... I am a Bristol born West Country girl... But now a true blue Aussie Girl :)

Well what a small world.. Would never have believed you Poppet were from Bristol.
It makes the world seem so much smaller just like this wonderful site.
Queenie-hang on in there.
Today I went to a Zumba Gold class and although feel a bit tired and 'good achy' feel really good.

Ali x

Omg AliPali !!!! I never in my wildest dreams imagined we might be able to do Zumba after a THR!?!!
You champion !!

Zumba GOLD is slower and for people who are wanting to do something lower impact. Nonetheless it was quite energetic.
I used to love to do salsa which I haven't done for ages due to my hips. I am hoping that this will help me get back to it.
You really will get your life back. Be positive, take it steady and your dreams will come true.. Just listen to your body,
don't rush, be patient and even if you have to wait longer than you would like, it will be possible :)

Ali x

Hi Queenie so how was the pyjama party, sounded like a brilliant idea! AliPali - I've always thought how much fun Zumba looked but was scared to even consider it but the Zumba Gold sounds more like it
Lovely sunshine (but flipping cold) in Shropshire today, hope everyone else is getting it too. Snowdrops flowering, daffodils shooting up, yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member