21 days post RTKR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuNeez519

So today is the 21st day for me. Things seem to get better daily, although there are definately some rougher days. I had a 2 hour session at PT yesterday and road the bike for 20 minutes, approx 1/2 of a mile. I had taken a few breaks but I was happy to make it around this many times. On Tuesday I had only been able to pedal for about 4 reps before I HAD to stop. I do know that it is painful but I have to do it. I take a Perc before I go and it definately helps.

My PT starts the session with laser treatment and then with heat and TENS for 15 minutes, after the heat I do 3 sets of 15 on leg presses, ofcourse just my own weight (it is a parallel press, so you are on your back) 3 sets of 15 on a back extension machine (for my quads), I do leg extensions with 2 1/2 lbs (this is the hardest to do for me, I can only do a few) and I ride the bike (yesterday I was pleasantly suprised with 20 mins) and after the excercises my PT stretches and ices me for a good 15-20 minutes. He starts with my TKR leg on his shoulder then lifts as high as he can 3x's for a count of 15 each time progressing the stretch, ater that he stretches my leg in a seated position and again holds for a count of 15 @ 3 sets. Then he uses a small platform about 4"s high and he rests my foot on it and slides it back to about 90 degrees and has me move forward in the seat and and then he has me stand and sit several times(stretching the quads again) while holding my foot in the same spot. He said the stretching will get more intense with each session. I bet him he could not make me cry and hasn't yet. I thought for sure I would be throbbing when I got home but nothing, I iced and raised it as soon as I got home. I actually fell asleep at a decent time and slept fairly well (this time). I did take a Perc before bed because I was afraid it would start hurting in the middle of the night, I also felt good this morning. I do some stretching and excersises on my own and use lots of ice...

Thought I would share.

NN

There are occasions when expecting the worst and worse actually makes things seem not too bad! I always say "expect the worst and you'll never be disappointed"! But I am so pleased you are making progress of sorts. Though at this stage it's always 'of sorts' isn't it?

Rave on, Ron!

(Got to go now, listening to myself being interviewed on radio!!)

INterviewed on the radio? Was this about the flags?

It was a commemorative programme remembering Buddy Holly's visit to the UK in 1958 when I saw him live on stage. A slip of a lass at 16!

Well RAVE ON...remember that one??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin