2021 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart

Administrative Staff
Country
United States United States
Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!

sunbeams 2.jpg

If you're having surgery in the month of June, I hope you'll join our June Sunbeams for a bright start to your life with your new joint!
Your fellow Sunbeams will help you along the way with warm hugs and lots of support!

We have found that surgery and recovery is easier if you have a group of folks who are going through similar experiences.

So post and tell us your surgery date and get ready to meet your fellow June Sunbeams!

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and we will add you to the list. Then start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 June 2021 60somethingsusa,
02 June 2021 Atkinson8, Gunu_21,
04 June 2021 valencastillo (MACI),
06 June 2021 rainynite,
09 June 2021 Jewlz1 (her second), k_dub, sue2knees,
10 June 2021 Taoquest, ski_bum,
11 June 2021 Nan47 (PKR), Freestyle (her second),
16 June 2021 Kpup,
17 June 2021 TexasGaga, Irongirl56 (PKR),
18 June 2021 Ox1981,
21 June 2021 Jobiwan,
23 June 2021 AfterCare (her second), Jo Wo,
22 June 2021 Kazilla
25 June 2021 smarsh404,
28 June 2021 Mrs. Ciz (Stage 2 Revision), 1newknee
29 June 2021 chimaek, Emelbee21 (her second),

This portion of the post is for administrative use only.
rainynite,Jewlz1,TexasGaga,Taoquest,AfterCare,chimaek,60somethingsusa,k_dub,Irongirl56,Atkinson8,sue2knees,smarsh404,Jo Wo,Kazilla,Emelbee21,Mrs. Ciz,valencastillo,1newknee,Gunu_21,Ox1981,Freestyle,Kpup,Jobiwan,ski_bum,

Last edited by a moderator:
june 1.jpg
@Kazilla , you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so, if you haven't already done so, please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.
Starting a new thread and posting

(Please remember that this team thread is primarily to allow you to see who has surgery the same month as you. Discussion of issues, comments, and questions regarding surgery must be kept in your own individual threads.)

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on HELP/INFO, then click on "How to Use This Forum". You'll find lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

Last edited by a moderator:
Left TKR is scheduled for June 8, 2021 (my first)

june 33.jpg

@rainynite , you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

We want to share your journey with you so, if you haven't already done so, please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

(Please remember that this team thread is primarily to allow you to see who has surgery the same month as you. Discussion of issues, comments, and questions regarding surgery must be kept in your own individual threads.)

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on HELP/INFO, then click on "How to Use This Forum". You'll find lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

I'm having RTKR on June 9. I had my left knee replaced in December 2019. I will continue posting my journey in the post-op forum, but wanted to get my name on the June Sunbeam list! Thank you.

june 44.jpg

@Jewlz1 , you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Yes, I am, 6/9/2021. I think Jaycey from Knee Post-Op may have added me or requested that I be added.

june 65.png

@TexasGaga , you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

We want to share your journey with you so, if you haven't already done so, please start a thread of your own in the proper forum, if you haven't already done so. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

I am scheduled for bilateral knee replacement on June 10. Presently in pre-op physical therapy.

june 69.jpg

@Taoquest , you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

We want to share your journey with you so, if you haven't already done so, please start a thread of your own in the proper forum, if you haven't already done so. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

Scheduled for my right TKR June 23 - still in early recovery from left (but my right knee has been voicing its anger even while I was still in the hospital...)

june 54.jpg

@AfterCare , you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

june 53.jpg

@chimaek , you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

june 62.jpg

@60somethingsusa , you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

First TKR (left) on Weds, June 9.

Mid-40s, have had a history knee issues since my teenage years (I'm slightly knock-kneed) and have had arthroscopic surgery in both knees (right in late teens/both in mid-30s). Been doing hyaluronic injections in both knees for the past 2 years. Was due for my 2nd round of injections in June this year, but due to recent pain, limping, & grinding, updated x-rays show the OA has progressed more. I finally decided to move forward with TKR so I can hopefully move on with the active life I'm used to having!

Went to the doc today and schedule for a Right PKR on 17 June, outpatient setting. Since Feb 2018 I have had a Left meniscus repair, a Right meniscus repair and most recently a revision to that repair as it had failed. Now doing the PKR on that knee. Hoping to finally get out of this pain cave once recovered.

june 33.jpg

@k_dub and @Irongirl56 , you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

My right knee will be replaced on June 2nd, which is rescheduled from May 11 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back