2020 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

july 60.jpg

@JoanneP , you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white toolbar located under the blue toolbar at the top of the page, click on "Help/Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

Hi All and best of luck to all of us "July Knee Replacement" recipenents.

I'm 62. Colorado native. Both knees dislocated as a kid and I wore a lot of casts. They said I'd be doing this: First knee replacement. Right knee will be July 6th, 2020. I'm terrified.

I think I'm ready. I've picked up my elevated toilet chair. A ice therapy machine. A leg raiser to help me lift my leg if needed. I have a walker, crutches, cane... anything else you can think of. Surgery is on Monday and I have Physical Therapy set up for Wednesday and Friday after surgery plus 3 times a week for the first 2 weeks. Now to make frozen meals for me to eat. Cooking a turkey and fixins. I cook the carcis to have turkey noodle soup.

july 51.jpg
@Tanya , you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white toolbar located under the blue toolbar at the top of the page, click on "Help/Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

july 60.jpg

@webbiecindy , you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

I had arthroscopic surgery on my right knee in June 2005; a partial knee replacement on right knee in April 2006. I’ve had some pain and stiffness and now I have arthritis behind my knee cap so I need to have a total knee replacement.

july sparklers 6.jpg

@doodlebug60 , you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

I went to the surgeon yesterday for my pre-op appointment.
I didn't like my surgeon's attitude or his approach, so I have cancelled my surgery.
I will go to another surgeon.

Thank you for telling us you have cancelled your surgery, @Tanya .
I have removed your name from the July Sparklers list.

I hope you find another surgeon you are happy with. Please let us know when you have a new date.

I have moved your longer explanation to your own thread.

july 60.jpg

@Apms90 , you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Last edited:
july 40.jpg

@Mamie , you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

I have my TKR on July 27. 2020. I am 63 years old male somewhat afraid but other than that , ok with it.

july sparklers 6.jpg

@Rander1 , you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

july 51.jpg

@Revision lefty , you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

sparklers 20.jpg

@Annemarie999 , you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

sparklers 3.jpg

@Callie Mae , you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

@Revision lefty - Your name is already on the July Sparklers list.I started a pre-op thread for you, here:
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/revision-leftys-pre-op-thread.60729/

Please now write in your own thread.

POLITE REMINDER: Being a team member will allow you to share your questions, concerns, and experiences; give one another support and encouragement; vent, whine, and shed some tears, if necessary; and have some fun and laughs together. Please use your own pre op thread for these conversations. This thread is not for pre op updates, discussions, or questions.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kelly616
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom