2019 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart

Administrative Staff
Country
United States United States
ai306-photobucket-com_albums_nn267_nicixbunnyxxx_photography_fall-jpg.47693

It's time to get our team together and start the train headin' down the track for the month of October - The October Fall Feisties are ready to roll!

If you are having surgery in October, please post here and cheer each other on. We're looking for a great group of soon-to-be feisty knee recovery patients ready to move on with their lives. :dancy:

Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!

header-oct-jpg.32749

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

To start a new thread, click your mouse on the HIP link on the blue NavBar at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op" forum. On the upper right side of the page, you will see an orange rectangle with the words "Post Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then scroll down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

01 October 2019 Hoppityhip
02 October 2019 LHR2019
03 October 2019 Steelmanpa, Linda1 (Arthroplasty & Repair)
05 October 2019 Grannysyb
07 October 2019 robo
08 October 2019 Boxerdad67 (Bilateral)
11 October 2019 Melissa10
12 October 2019 Ildiko
14 October 2019 HipLucy, Greataa11
15 October 2019 jsgseattle
16 October 2019 LanieSue
17 October 2019 boots
21 October 2019 Wobbly49
22 October 2019 JJ-SF, Bob S
23 October 2019 Uncivil
26 October 2019 longtimechemist
28 October 2019 HeatherLET, RobinTC, Catirrusia (revision), Brushis (BTHR),
Boxerdad67(BTHR), Jennthinks
29 October 2019 MEPil
31 October 2019 Mettlehip, RebeccaHB

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my date, October 28th, 2019 for my RTHR. I am 35 years old. I have had 4 other previous Labrum repair/scar tissue scope surgeries starting in 2009 to present. I am joining to get any tips and advice for a successful surgery and recovery.

Happy to be apart of the group!! :loll::)

Last edited:
oct 9.jpg
@HeatherLET, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

oct 87.jpg
@Buttonbear, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

I had bi-lateral hip surgeries as a kid (age 9 & 10) for a slipped capital femoral epiphysis. They left the pins in place for 50 years! 3 years ago I had total knee replacement and it was life changing, I actually was able to live pain free for almost 1 year...wow was it great! Sadly, the left side which supported my bad knee has finally yelled UNCLE. The pain has gotten so severe it wakes me up at night. Walking long distances is now impossible. My golf game and hiking has come to an end. Getting down on the floor with my grandkids is close to impossible. Arthritis has set in and the pain has gotten the best of me. I will be having LTHR on October 7th.The doc has informed me that the pins need to be removed when they do the THR, which makes the recovery a bit longer...no PT for 6 weeks dues to risk of fractures. Has anyone ever had pins needing removal during THR? Any tips on successful recovery? I am so ready to do this...just nervous anticipation.

oct 22.jpg
@robo, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

RTHR October 22. YIKES.

oct 29.jpg
@JJ-SF, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Have my date scheduled for October 28th. Any one know what the best things are to have at home during your recovery? I have never had surgery before so for me its scary. Trying to make sure I have all supplies I will need. I have a walker, crutches and a grabber...what else is needed?

0ct 72.png
@RobinTC, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Finally decided to go forward with the LTHR. It had been bothering me for a little while so I had a consultation with my surgeon (performed my partial knee replacement May 2016) starting in April 2019 and was told that my left hip was almost bone on bone. The only pain I had at that time was down the front of my thigh so I originally thought it might be muscle or ligament issues until I seen the X-Ray & MRI. I opted to see how it went over the summer using Tylenol & Ibuprofen to keep the pain under control. Lately, the pain is more in my hip area and down my leg including knee pain. It is time to get on the "list". As long as my pre-op tests come out good I am scheduled for surgery on October 14, 2019.

oct 43.jpg
@4cats1home, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

I am tentatively scheduled for RTHR October 22. I am relieved and scared. Been in pain many years. I've tried Aleve, Ibuprofen, the injections and it is only getting worse. I finished the metal allergy testing, now the pre-op testing will start soon.

@RobinTC You are doing a good job preparing for surgery. The only thing I will add is I'm going to load the freezer with food I cooked before surgery to easily reheat. Also I will have a few plates, and bowls on the table so I won't have to bend to get anything out. I will keep 1 pot and a frying pan on the stove. Someone suggested tying a bag to the walker so my phone, tissues, medicine can all be close to me. If I think of anything else or read about more things to have handy I will let you know.

oct 112.jpg
@LynnSW, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

I am scheduled for LTHR October 15. This is number 2 - first was in May this year. Prior to surgery I have a trip to Europe planned. Any advice on traveling with a new hip and a failing hip would be appreciated!

Having Ltkr on 11/5. 20 years in the army and a motorcycle accident has cause me to have previous surgeries on both knees over the years. May be having the right knee done in December.

Saw my OS yesterday, September 9, my right THR(right side) is scheduled for October 29. So ready to get my life back and I know we all want that for ourselves.

@bottomshollow Hello. My THR surgery date got changed to Nov 19th. I'd like to be added to the November Nimbles group pls. Thank you, LynnSW

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom