2019 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

BoneSmart

Administrative Staff
Country
United States United States
Here's the thread for all you folks who have surgery scheduled for the month of November. You are the soon-to-be November Nimbles!!! May your dreams be filled with nimble thoughts of your new joint(s) in action!

:dancy:
skier-flipping-over-gif.53123

Please post and join the November Nimbles. You're going to make quite a team!!!

Welcome to our latest and all November Nimbles!

header-1-jpg.67885

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 November 2019 Elizaman
04 November 2019 Kzena615, mtmtoronto, Jazman2019, Frrady Cat, 4cats1home, BenF
05 November 2019 Mydogray, Daneez, KneeKeeper, Janszoo, Orange Blossom
06 NOvember 2019 Cstucky
08 November 2019 Naturelover
09 November 2019 Judywade109
11 November 2019 Kathyoboe, patsortho (second revision), Campie 2, TKRx2Again
12 November 2019 Billhart45, Nightingale
13 November 2019 Bigs, tiaint (His second), Seatides
14 November 2019 Crossfit (BKR), CorpHippie, Sky Blue (her second)
15 November 2019 rolaur

18 November 2019 jancat, oregonlass
19 November 2019 Judywade109, Tman (Bilateral)
20 November 2019 Lovely, PL-TKR

21 November 2019 wombat,
22 November 2019 Noel310
23 November 2019 fungirl, bigal1947 (Revision), Petrifiedknee19
25 November 2019 Polarbear
26 November 2019 Curiousnva (revision), KelgirlOU812
27 November 2019 Helizabug

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see the November pre-op is started. Thanks!

My date is November 21st. TKR left knee. Runner for 40 years, bone on bone at the moment.

Looking forward to getting this done!

Nov 37.jpg
@wombat, you have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

I’m having TKR right knee on November 4. I’m bone on bone and had a tibial tubular osteotomy on my knee about 20 years ago. My problem is primarily patellar knee cap arthritis. I expect to do the second at some point.i too am looking forward to getting this done.

Nov 28.jpg
@Kzena615, you have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

I have my appointment for Pre Assessment on 9th October, and have been pencilled in for RTHR on October 29th. After all the wait, looks like it’s finally going to happen. Feeling relieved and anticipating getting a life back, but rather nervous too!

Hello! You can add me to the November Nimbles list. I'm on my surgeon's schedule to have my left TKR for November 4th. :)

thanks!

Thanks Mydogray - my surgery did go well! Happy to report that I have started to climb stairs with my right knee - strength is coming back :). Started another round of physio, today, to focus on the areas of my body that need help adjusting to my new gait and leg alignment.

Hope all goes well with your TKR in November - you'll be up the day after me!

Congratulations on your progress. I hope it continues to go well for you. Yes, my first tkr is the day after yours. I also have to have the other knee replaced just like you. My surgeon said he wants to do the surgery in December. I’ll have to see how the first one goes before I commit to that.

I hope I’m doing this correctly. I just got my sugery date for Total Right knee replacement. It is November 19th! (Very scary)

Nov 4th. Lost 18 lbs in the past 5 weeks, hope to lose 15 more. Worried about getting staples as my sucture. I inquired about PRINO, but nurse to orthopedist says doctor only uses staples. Wondering if it is just more expedient, because I'm overweight, etc. If there is another thread to follow on this topic, I'd appreciate a link.

Having left TKR on Nov. 5. I've had patella misalignment with both knees for my whole life; 20 years ago I had lateral release surgery done on both, and the doctor said I'd eventually need TKRs and try to delay as long as possible. Here I am two decades later... and it's time! Bone on bone under kneecaps. I'm nervous, but ready to do this first one ... and soon hope to do the second. This forum has been very informative!

I have just added the following members to the November 2019 knee surgery team. I apologize for this taking so long, but bottomshollow, who usually takes care of this, has been off the forum for a while with some personal issues.
If you haven't started a thread for yourself in the Knee Pre-Op forum, please do and tell us a bit more about how you got to this point in your joint replacement journey. There will be plenty of members and staff to talk with you about any questions or concerns you may have prior to your surgery. Welcome to BoneSmart!

@Mydogray
@mtmtoronto
@Judywade109
@Elizaman
@Jazman2019
@Curiousnva
@Daneez

After years of firefighting, left knee (first of both) being done November 15th! A bit worried but now, in the long run, it's gonna be a huge improvement!

@rolaur, you have been added to the November Nibles. This IS going to be a big improvement for you. Now that you're an official BoneSmartie, how about starting a thread in the Knee Pre-Op forum and tell us more about yourself. That will be the place for you to ask questions and talk about any concerns you have leading up to surgery. We can also offer you some tips to get ready.

BTKR scheduled for 11/14. Getting really nervous and scared! I know I’m on the younger side, but arthritis has really kept me from engaging in activities I love.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom