2019 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

may 12.jpg
@Crybabie, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!

month-of-may-flowers-png.20084
may-marvels-jpg.20083

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement.

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own.To start a new thread, hover your mouse over "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu.Click on either the "Pre Op" forum. On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

02 May 2019 wittywoman, Crybabie
03 May 2019 julieskan
06 May 2019 Rather, mushroom, Bbebee
07 May 2019 bdub73, Joansie
09 May 2019 Gigisknee
15 May 2019 Zhash
21 May 2019 Woodpusher, Rockgirl4, geegster
22 May 2019 Sportygirl, Liebchen (bilateral)
28 May 2019 Atlas_aus (bilateral), Ddole
29 May 2019 mistyblue

First post here today. I'm scheduled for a left total knee replacement for May 15th, 2019. I had arthroscopy surgery on my left knee in April, 2014. Osteoarthritis filled in where the meniscus was cleaned out and the pain is constant especially worse with weather changes. I live in Connecticut. I had arthroscopy on my right knee in August, 2014. I'm hoping to have total knee replacement on the the right knee in October, 2019 if everything goes okay with the left knee replacement. I'm currently going for pre-operative physical therapy to strengthen my legs for this surgery. I must say that I'm nervous about having the surgery. Any support is welcome. Thank you.

may 21.jpg
@Zhash, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

RTKR May 6, 2019 (left tkr was feb 4, 2019)

may 22.jpg
@Bbebee, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

First new knee scheduled for May 21. not mentally ready. Hope you can help! Thank you!

may 26.jpg
@geegster, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

may 36.jpg
@Joansie, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Thank you so much. I haven’t told people outside of husband and family (am I strange in not wanting to have to listen to people telling me what to do when they haven’t gone through it) and it’s lovely to be in contact with people awaiting similar procedure.

Hello all,
I’m a 61 year old woman. My surgery date, for left leg is May 28th.

may 94.jpg
@Ddole, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

I am scheduled for left TKR on May 9th. I had my right TKR last year on May 3. This will be different as last time I went to a rehab for almost 2 weeks but this time I'm going home. I live alone but will probably have someone the first few days at least and my church group will bring meals. I'm a little nervous about coming home and managing my pain meds on my own and how I will handle my 2 dogs that are always underfoot but I'm sure it will work out and I have family close by if I need someone. I'm so ready to be out of this pain. I was originally scheduled to have my first TKR in 2016 but my husband became ill and passed away. It's time.

may 76.jpg
@Gigisknee, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here.

may 29.jpg
@Liebchen, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

may 63.jpg
@julieskan, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

First TLKR scheduled for 23 May, just want it done. The pain is getting worse

may 60.jpg
@Izzy59, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Mine is 5/3. I'm feeling the same.

First TLKR scheduled for 23 May, just want it done. The pain is getting worse

Sorry my response was to your post. I just want it done too but happy to have found you all. Super support.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back