2019 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

bottomshollow

Former BoneSmart staff member
Country
United States United States
may-avatar-3-jpg.49348

Are you having surgery in the month of May? Welcome to the May Marvels....a team just for you with others that will be having surgery and recovery right along with you. Give us your surgery date and maybe a few facts about yourself and we'll get you on the list. As the month goes by, the list will grow and maybe you'll find a few folks to partner up with for recovery.

Please join the team and help support your fellow BoneSmarties through the lead-up to the Big Day and the recovery afterwards!

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!

month-of-may-flowers-png.20084
may-marvels-jpg.20083

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement.

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own.To start a new thread, hover your mouse over "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu.Click on either the "Pre Op" forum. On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

02 May 2019 wittywoman, Crybabie
06 May 2019 Rather, mushroom
07 May 2019 bdub73
21 May 2019 Woodpusher, Rockgirl4
22 May 2019 Sportygirl
28 May 2019 Atlas_aus (bilateral)
29 May 2019 mistyblue

I am scheduled for my left TKR on May 6, 2 days after Joint Replacement Awareness Day. I am guessing that I will be very AWARE that weekend. I am also scheduled to do my right TKR on July 8. While I have had many surgeries in the past, I expect each of these to be full of shock and awe and pain. Perhaps my biggest fear at this point is having the new opioid restrictions cause my OS or PCP to cut me off before I am able to handle the pain - I've already told the OS that I'm a certified wimp when it comes to pain.

I have been reading on this forum for over 2 years and am so grateful for all of the expertise and first-person accounts. They have given me the courage to finally step up and face my need for this surgery.

may 1.jpg
@Rather, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

Surgery for may 7th. Hoping it goes well getting the Stryker Mako robot to help.

may 3.jpg
@bdub73, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

may 43.jpg
@mushroom, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

My surgery is scheduled for May 2nd. I'm a bit nervous as I've been told my knee has totally collapsed and it is totally bone and bone. No cartilage left at all. Only by the grace of God, am I able to walk without a cane or any kind of device. But I notice I can't enjoy the little things in life that add quality - simply walking our dogs, short day time vacations, or even just shopping..."It's time", my orthopedic surgeon said. Well, I think it was time a long time...shots quit working after about a year, and I've been doing shots for 4 years...I will be so glad when all this is over...
By the way, Doc wants me to have a test done to make sure I'm not allergic to the replacement/implant he's putting in my knee...anyone else have to do that?...it's a $600 test not covered by insurance.

may 98.jpg
@wittywoman, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

So physical therapy wasn't the answer for a bone on bone knee. I have PKR scheduled on my right knee for 5/21. My surgeon was out for a number of weeks having his own knees done, a partial and a total! So he got backed up and that's why I'm scheduled this far out.

may 14.jpg
@Woodpusher, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Scheduled for 5/22 left Tkr and then 7/24 right Tkr....excited but very scared. Dr said I am currently between 20-30 degrees range of motion. A ton of scar tissue build up. He is hoping to get me to 100 degree range of motion. A little disappointed after my appt today as I was hoping to be able to ride my bike again some day. He doesn't know if that will be a possibility. So that was upsetting.

may 7.jpg
@Sportygirl, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

(I will add you to the July list when it is created on April 1.)

may 8.jpg
@Rockgirl4, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

may 9.jpg
@Atlas_aus, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Thanks for the welcome.

I am looking forward to finally getting the job done, have had to put it off for over 10 yrs because of my age... I am sure they feel worse now that I have booked in ! :)

Having both done at same time, makes sense to me, hopefully it is a good choice.

My April 24th surgery date has been rescheduled to May 29th. I need to have dental issues taken care before surgery, for dental clearance.

My surgery date is May 2nd for a right TKR. I had a meniscuis removed from my left knee and a bunch of cartiledge cleaned up on my left knee in 2014, it took me quite long to recover. But I just had a pulmonary embolism and a DVT 7 months prior, so it must of been too early. I take eliquis for a-fib, which I must stop taking before the surgery so I do not bleed out! My husband has cancer, and I am on Social Security Disabilty, Medicare and Medicaid. I will be going to a recovery place after 3 days in the hospital. 3 days in or medicare won't pay. I am sorta worried about housekeeping during this recovery period, I am praying it is quick, and I pray my husbands cancer goes into remission. Thank you, pleasure to meet you all! :)

may 10.jpg
@mistyblue, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom