2019 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!

month-of-may-flowers-png.20084
may-marvels-jpg.20083

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement.

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own.To start a new thread, hover your mouse over "Hip" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu.Click on either the "Pre Op" forum. On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

01 May 2019 LAbabymama. ahipgma, exmisfit
03 May 2019 jwadds (bilateral)
04 May 2019 ChrissyW
06 May 2019 mbeez208
07 May 2019 trenna, slow, phillau43
08 May 2019 Dan_in_AK
09 May 2019 kadu13
10 May 2019 Pj1961
14 May 2019 SEA
17 May 2019 ceezee
20 May 2019 Gmomma15, HipsterKat
21 May 2019 tcdc135, hippychick
22 May 2019 NiniH80
23 May 2019 CPH, Ariel
28 May 2019 gertie, CafeFan18, Cecropia, Hattiecat, shrek008, Yogigirl (bilateral), Susan99
30 May 2019 Twishi
31 May 2019 mikeycat (bilateral), Chrisl

may 72.jpg
@phillau43, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

may 47.jpg
@mikeycat, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

May avatar 5.jpg
@hippychic, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

may 71.jpg
@Pj1961, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

may 62.jpg
@mbeez208, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

may 52.jpg
@ChrissyW, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

@bottomshollow thank you. I've got a thread going and so pleased to be getting great support already. This is a wonderful forum and thank you for making me a May Marvel- well we are all superheroes are we not?

may 24.jpg
@shrek008, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

may 10.jpg
@Yogigirl, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

may 56.jpg
@chrisl, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Just found this site, wish I had found it sooner. I'm scheduled for surgery on Tuesday, May 28 and need to be there hours before dawn (fun for a night owl!) Left hip, anterior approach, my surgeon seems wonderful. Nervous and hoping that nothing will happen to force a postponement (I was scheduled for March but got flea bites). Really can't wait to be done limping and hurting my hand by leaning on the cane too much. Cheers to everyone else going through this and glad for this nice support site.

And please add me to the list:)

Last edited:
may avatar 6.jpg
@Susan99, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Please add me to the list! I had my left THR done on May 17th.

I discovered this wonderful forum after I got home from the surgery and I still need to start a thread in the post op forum.

may 35.jpg
@ceezee, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Please add me to the May Marvels! I had a Right THR May 22nd, but I’m just now finding this group. I haven’t yet started my own thread (I will soon, promise!) but already this group has been a tremendous help in my recovery. It makes recovery easier knowing I’m not alone & will be able to find others having almost the same recovery experiences.

may 28.jpg
@NiniH80, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88