BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. Announcing BoneSmart's NEW Joint Surgeon Locator tool

We are pleased to now offer a tool to help you find just the right surgeon for your needs.

Read more about this in this announcement:

Dismiss Notice

2019 March Musketeers - Are you having knee surgery in March?

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Dec 3, 2018.

1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

United States United States
    [​IMG]
    "All for one and one for all!!!"

March brings us 'round to the first of our monthly teams - the March Musketeers. Three of our members called themselves the March Musketeers back in 2010 and the whole program of monthly teams just took off from there.

If you're having surgery in the month of March, please post your date and any other information you'd like to share in this thread.

It always helps to have a group of BoneSmarties going through surgery and recovery together. You can support each other in true Musketeer fashion and even brandish a few swords as you reach milestones in recovery!

So....OUT with the BAD.....and IN with the GOOD! Let's get the Musketeers rallying together and ensure success for one....SUCCESS FOR ALL!!!

2. bottomshollow

Welcome to our latest and all March Musketeers!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

06 March 2019 JDinCT, tejubeha (partial), Dkm
    07 March 2019 julie1968, catkin69 (partial)
    08 March 2019 robert johnson
    13 March 2019 Stretchy
    19 March 2019 Bionic

3. JDinCT

JDinCT member

@bottomshollow My surgery date is March 6, 2019. Proud to be the first March Musketeer for 2019!

I am so ready to get this over and done....:fingersx:

4. bottomshollow

march 51.jpg @JDinCT, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

5. jellycats

jellycats new member

Hello! I scheduled surgery today for a TKR (left knee). Date of surgery is March 5.

6. robert johnson

robert johnson member

As of today, my surgery date of March 8, 2019 is now official. Up until today, I was "penciled in" for that date, but was still waiting on final approval, which I got today.

All my preliminary stuff, blood tests, joint class, etc. are scheduled and I'm in officially in the system.

What a relief. I still had doubts as of yesterday.

7. bottomshollow

march 1.jpg @jellycats, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

8. bottomshollow

march 68.jpg @robert johnson , you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

• Like Like x 1
  9. julie1968

julie1968 member

Having TKR March 7. Left knee.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  10. bottomshollow

march 4.jpg @julie1968 , you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

11. tejubeha

tejubeha new member

@bottomshollow I just started a new thread as you instructed. I am tentatively scheduled for PFJ replacement on the right knee on March 6th.

12. bottomshollow

march 49.jpg @tejubeha, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

13. Bionic

Bionic post-grad

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    My TKR is scheduled for 19th March

14. catkin69

catkin69 member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello,
    I am booked for right lateral partial knee replacement on the 7th March,
    Catherine

15. bottomshollow

march 56.jpg @Bionic, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

• Like Like x 1
  16. bottomshollow

march 66.jpg @catkin69, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

17. Stretchy

Stretchy new member

I’m scheduled for a right TKR on March 13th. I scheduled it when I met with a new surgeon last week even though there were some big uncertainties- namely, who would take care of me at home for the first week and would it be possible for me to stay somewhere else for a while since my apartment is a two flight walk up. Both of those questions have been resolved, so I’m feeling really good about the decision to move forward!

I’m very glad to have this forum and to hear about other people’s experiences.

18. julie1968

julie1968 member

I also have a flight of stairs to get into my apartment so my Dr is keeping me in the hospital at least 3 days to help prepare me. Hope everything goes well for you.

19. bottomshollow

march 56.jpg @Stretchy, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

20. bottomshollow

march 2.jpg @Dkm, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!