2019 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!

july-sparklers-jpg.31286

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 July 2019 Kurt S, LexiLou, hophop, luvcats, grandma10, TKR virgin
02 July 2019 Bob T
07 July 2019 ApricotPie
08 July 2019 ElanorG, vivianc
09 July 2019 Zommom
10 July 2019 Mick0513
16 July 2019 quicklabs, mtmtoronto
19 July 2019 cathyf85 (bilateral)
22 July 2019 Steelergal
23 July 2019 susie21
29 July 2019 artichoke

sparklers 13.jpg
@luvcats, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

sparklers 20.jpg
@grandma10, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

Having a left TKR on 16 July. I had my right done in April, 2014. I am so not looking forward to this.

july 64.png
@quicklabs, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

I’m getting my LTKR on July 23. I will be getting my RTKR soon after if all goes well. I know the road ahead is rough, but these old knees have limited me so much and the pain and weakness don’t help. Reading all I can to prepare my body and mind for what’s ahead of me. Susie

My surgery is July 8. I am returning to Bonesmart having had my right knee replaced 7 years ago. It is now time for the left!

july 41.jpg
@susie2f, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care
!

july sparklers 6.jpg
@ElanorG, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

Hi Folks!

Happy to share that I have my right total knee replacement scheduled for July 16th! Apparently I'm "complex", thanks to the genus valgus I inherited from my dad (thanks dad). I'm 51, live in Toronto and have been struggling with knee issues for well over 20 years. This winter, I decided enough was enough and I started the process to replace Lucy (right knee) and Ethel (left knee). Lucy will be first in July, then Ethel later in the fall, likely November.

I've been preparing, getting ready on all fronts - emotional, physical and resource-wise. I've been down the road of major knee surgery and recovery, so I have some idea of what I'm getting myself into. Back in January 1999, I slipped on ice, dislocated my left patella (it flipped inside out), tore my quad, stretched my MCL and pulled the tendons that hold the kneecap in place. The ortho surgeon basically rebuilt my knee with my knee parts! I had to stay off my left leg and have no/minimal weight bearing for 2 weeks after surgery. Needless to say, my muscles were shot, so it took a while to rebuild them. Given that the therapists get you up and moving pretty quickly after knee replacement surgery, I'm hopeful that the muscle atrophy will be much less (fingers crossed).

thanks in advance for the guidance and support on these forums!

Jan

Last edited:
july 40.jpg
@mtmtoronto, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

july 38.jpg
@vivianc, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Hi, you can add me to the July 1st group! Had all me pre admission testing and md clearance done so it’s all starting to feel too real. Good luck to everyone and looking forward to our new knees and being in better shape. I’ve been dealing with a bad knee since last August and when I read on here how people live with this for years I don’t understand how you do it. For me the steroids and gel shots never worked so I guess if you had some comfort from that then I can see it. It’s taken me a long time to accept the fact that I needed to do this but now I’m ready or at least I hope I am. See you on the recovery side!

@TKR virgin, I need a specific date in order to add you to the July surgery list. As soon as you are given a date by your surgeon, make your request again.

july 61.jpg
@Zommom, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

july sparklers 8.jpg
@TKR virgin, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
GordieO
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom