2019 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

bottomshollow

Former BoneSmart staff member
Country
United States United States
sparklers-27-jpg.50515

Welcome July Sparklers....all those who are getting a new knee joint (or both knees) in the month of July!

Join our team and enjoy the company of other folks who will be going through surgery and recovery right with you. The team approach really helps because you can support each other through similar experiences.

So post here and officially begin to develop that sparkling new personality....the one that smiles a lot because arthritis pain is gonna be GONE!!

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!

july-sparklers-jpg.31286

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 July 2019 Kurt S, LexiLou, hophop
02 July 2019 Bob T
07 July 2019 ApricotPie
09 July 2019 Smokey253
10 July 2019 Mick0513
15 July 2019 Macknit
19 July 2019 cathyf85 (bilateral)
22 July 2019 Steelergal
29 July 2019 artichoke

july 51.jpg
@ApricotPie, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

Hello! I am fairly new to the forum but have lurked for a month or so. I will be having right TKR on July 2nd. I've suffered with osteoarthritis for a long time now and have had two meniscus tears over the past ten years. I'm suffering today with our cooler weather here in Georgia. It's days like to day that remind me the TKR in July is definitely the right decision. I had some health issues last year and have lost 50lbs since which have helped with my knee but not nearly enough. I've also gone from pre-diabetes to having a completely normal A1C for the first time in many years. I know I've made strides and I'm looking to further that in July!

Bob

I just got back from my a trip that was my last fling of the year before surgery. If there was any doubt that I needed the TKR, this trip did away with it. While I enjoyed myself and saw a lot of interesting things, I found my self spending far to much time in a hotel room, resting my knee and applying Voltaren to get me through the rest of the day. The rest and Voltaren gel worked, but not as well as I would have liked. However, it does leave me with two questions. Why have I waited so long to schedule the TKR? And, why isn't Voltaren available without a prescription in the USA?

july 11.jpg
@Bob T, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

I am 57 and having Bilateral Knee Replacement July 19. While I'm excited for the benefits, I am really nervous about the pain and recovery. I'm glad to be sharing this journey with you all!

july 54.jpg
@cathyf85, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

starting down the path for a left tkr - July 1

firecracker 31.jpg
@Kurt S, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

firecracker 26.jpg
@LexiLou, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

firecracker 25.jpg
@artichoke, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Hi everyone! I just scheduled my left knee replacement for July 22nd. While I'm new to the knee section of this site, I'm very familiar (and grateful) for the hip section! July seems to be my month...I had my right hip replaces in July 2015, my left hip replaced in July 2017, and now my left knee! I'm hoping this is the last join replacement for a very long time. I'm down to zero cartilage and pretty consistent pain, so it's time. I've heard knees are harder to recover from than hips, so I'm nervous about the surgery/recovery, but I'm looking forward to no more arthritis pain!

~Sara

firecracker 43.jpg
@Steelergal, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here.

firecracker 9.jpg
@Mick0153, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here.

july 55.jpg
@hophop, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

july 48.jpg
@Macknit, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

My June 11th RKR has been changed to July 9th

sparklers 16.jpg
@Zommom, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
MrsFeinbe
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom