2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?

@Love2RV I know, right? I had the caudal and spinal, which was great. But When The anesthesiologist came in I told him I did not want to hear any sawing or pounding. His response was that I won’t really care. I was very apprehensive about it so made a bargain with him that if I looked him in the eye and said no he would immediately put me under and he agreed. It was like I was in kind of a state where I was very relaxed , I knew what they were doing, but I really didn’t care. At one point I asked how it was going in the anesthesiologist lowered the curtain so that I could see them bending my knee all over the place. Strange feeling. Of course it didn’t hurt at all. Are used to be in veterinary surgery and we did a lot of ortho, but I couldn’t finish watching the YouTube video either.
I was two nights in the hospital. And came home, which helped a lot. I overdid it a bit yesterday, then had PT this morning, so I am in a little more pain than I was before. I was -5 and 60 today. The PT rambled on about how important the numbers, yada yada. I basically tuned him out. :heehee: He was kind and did not push and because of that I’ll see him again on Monday. Plus, he liked my lounge doctor!

@X2mangie I’m so thankful everything went well for you. You were awake? OMG that would be crazy. You were asleep for the procedure right? Get lots of rest and continue healing.

Thinking and Praying for ya:sleep:

@Love2RV Concerning your question about how to choose a physical therapy facility, I have just lucked out over the years. I would encourage you to talk to the physical therapist to get an idea of his/her philosophy concerning PT after knee replacement. Be sure to read the articles on this forum related to that.

Nope, @Blaxican1 , I was awake. Fully aware of what was going on, blocked with a spinal and caudal, but aware enough to carry on a conversation with the anesthesiologist. I heard the saw and pounding, but the sedation was perfect! I really didn’t have a care in the world during the procedure.... too cool!

Your a much better patient then I'll be, I want to be totally asleep. I'm scared enough now and I still have a few days till Wednesday.

I thought I already asked to be put on the January list but with my mind in a million places, I may have put it on the wrong thread or something. I was originally scheduled for December but it needed to be moved because of an infected tooth. The new surgery date is January 21st.
You having surgery same day as me.

I’m having Right TKRon the 17th of January anybody else’s this date?:bolt:

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!

las-vegas-1-jpg.34194

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:

To start a new thread, hover your mouse "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op". On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

02 January 2019 SnowHare
07 January 2019 Beckadeez
08 January 2019 X2mangie
09 January 2019 maryo52 (revision)
10 January 2019 CAdesgirl
16 January 2019 moon2stars, Bike4Fun, Didot, Mr.Steve, Love2RV
17 Janaury 2019 Kenello, Blaxican1
21 January 2019 skyblue, Swtp14
22 January 2019 johnnyutah, LBAK, bad0351, whtrose3
23 January 2019 coopmele, thegoose2, Wrangler70
28 January 2019 MarkkxG
29 January 2019 Smokey253

jackpot 12.jpg
@Blaxican1, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

Hello everyone,
My surgery is on the 17th and I’m starting to get so nervous. I had a dream last night where I woke up and they cut my whole leg off :gaah:. I know this won’t be true but OMG that was scary. Anybody else have these kind of dreams?

Does anybody else Vape? What did your Dr. say about not Vaping a few days before and after?

Nervously awaiting my surgery day.
Love to ya all:dancy:

@Blaxican1 - wishing you the best possible outcome! My surgery is a day before yours. It does feel like it is getting close.

I just met with a friend who had the surgery 4 months ago. He had such a good experience and said the pain was really bad for about the first week, but then improved drastically. I know everyone’s experience is different, but I was very encouraged by my friend’s experience.

Best wishes!

:yes!::yes!:@Bike4Fun thank you for that. I’m getting worried more as the days come closer. Seriously, I know the pain is already so painful, that I’m praying it will be less than this pain I’m in now. My pain is seeming to get worse as days get closer:holysheep:. I just need encouragement to get through this. Jesus plz help me and everyone else going through this happy yet scary time. :yes!:

@Blaxican1 - I love your use of emoji's!

My husband said something this morning that really encouraged me. He said that even though right now I am not in severe pain, if I don't get the surgery, the pain will only get worse, and down the road, I may not be able to walk. This surgery is necessary for me to be able to walk up and down stairs, walk for extended periods of time, and do my favorite hobby-bicycling! :bicycle1:.

Sending encouraging thoughts your way! :loveshwr:

@Bike4Fun Sista thank you so much:cheers:.
I really appreciate you taking the time to encourage me. As it is right now, I can barely walk and have to crawl up the stairs like a :bow::old::mute:. I know it will get better in the week or days to come but it’s just hard to think about it hurting worse:groan:. I have Faith tho. God will get me through this.... He hasn’t failed me yet. :xmark:

I put a count down clock on my phone and I think it helps me with what's going to come on the 16th. It's like I want to get the surgery so I will hopefully be out of the pain I'm in now, but I know that I will be in more pain at first. That's scary....

Hi everyone! Yes I am still in it for Left TKR on the 17th! Started getting so freaked out my blood pressure spiked, but got it under control. I have been in more pain, my leg quite bent, and challenged to get in 3 hours of stretching and strengthening each day. I can only walk any distance with a cane, and my left hip is bone on bone also, with nerve pain radiating down the whole front of the leg, so I am REALLY ready to be out of pain. My fear is that the nerve pain will still be there, so I am practicing visualizing a positive outcome.

Best of Luck Everyone! It will be better!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back