2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?

I am more than likely having knee replacement in January. I must wait 90 days after the cortisone shot that only helped 3 a few days. That would put me at 1/23/19 or later depending on surgeons schedule. I plan to call tomorrow to find out what I need to do next. Any advise would be appreciated.

Is that right? They won't do a replacement if you're within 3 months of a cortisone shot; anyone know why?

Hope all goes well for you if you got scheduled.

Ken

Good luck and Best Wishes to maryo52 on your revision today! :elevate:

I went today for my pre-op check in and I couldn't believe how many people when I walked in. It looked like an airport as people sitting around with a small bag. Looked like a carry on bag and they were waiting to board. I did find out that my hospital will not require anyone to check in with me so I can Uber to the hospital but will need someone to pick me up.

My biggest fear now is just the pain I'm going to be in. I know it will get worse then hopefully better. I'm off all pain meds now and it's just exhausting to get through the day. I'm using my ice machine that I got for after the surgery to ease some of the pain.

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!

las-vegas-1-jpg.34194

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:

To start a new thread, hover your mouse "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op". On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

02 January 2019 SnowHare
07 January 2019 Beckadeez
08 January 2019 X2mangie
09 January 2019 maryo52 (revision)
10 January 2019 CAdesgirl
16 January 2019 moon2stars, Bike4Fun, Didot, Mr.Steve, Love2RV
17 Janaury 2019 Kenello
21 January 2019 skyblue, Swtp14
22 January 2019 johnnyutah, LBAK, bad0351, whtrose3
23 January 2019 coopmele, thegoose2, Wrangler70
28 January 2019 MarkkxG
29 January 2019 Smokey253

jackpot 46.jpg
@bad0351, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

Hi i just found this site while doing a bunch of research on total Knee Replacement so this is my first post! I had 2 surgeries when I was younger to remove torn meniscus from sports injuries and was told I had bone on bone arthritis back in 2002 but since then have run several marathons including Ironman Triathlons without much of a problem. I did the Orthovisc injections for years and they always seemed to work. My knee doc's over the years always said that medically my knee looks worse than a lot of total replacements that they did but because I was sill able to run and keep a lot of motion that that was good. So I knew the day was coming when my knee would take a turn for te worse because arthritis does not go away. About 9 months ago it started to really get bad where I could no longer run and now I'm at a point where I can't straighten my leg all the way and have a slight limp. I'm scheduled for LTKR surgery on 1/28. I have done a ton of research and am preparing questions for my pre-op meeting next week with my surgeon. He already told me that I can aggressively cycle 3 months post op. I am going to attack my recovery as much as possible while remaining patient and celebrating the little wins along the way. I also hold out hope that I might be able to run a little bit someday again. There's people out there doing it and some of the science and new studies are supporting that high impact activities are not causing damage to TKR's but I know this is a controversial topic. Anyway just thought I'd stop by and add my name to the January list

Last edited:
@Love2RV Welcome to the forum! We are having our suegeries on the same date. I love your description of the waiting room! We are getting ready for this TKR journey! I hope the ice machine is helping with pre-op pain.

jackpot 44.jpg
@MarkkxG you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

I thought I already asked to be put on the January list but with my mind in a million places, I may have put it on the wrong thread or something. I was originally scheduled for December but it needed to be moved because of an infected tooth. The new surgery date is January 21st.

jackpot 15.jpg
@skyblue, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

(Sorry, I missed your original request---nothing wrong with your mind. Better late than never.)

Hi I'm new here. I'm having my right knee replacement Jan 21, 2019. Iam having alot of mixed emotions. Not sure what to expect. I was excited to find this site.

jackpot 37.jpg
@Swtp14, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

@X2mangie how are you feeling love? How did your TKR go? I have been thinking about you and praying for ya.

:flwrysmile:

Hi Bike4fun I hope we both get everything out of this surgery that we need. I did go to a PT facility today to see if I want to do my PT there. Not sure they don't have many machines, mostly pulley weights? Anyone have any thoughts on how to know if a PT place is good?

Thanks, @Blaxican1 ! I am in some pain, but I am trying to keep ahead of it. The TKR went really well! I was awake! At the end, he let me watch him bend my knee.....pretty cool. Waiting on home health nurse, PT and my kids are bring dinner. Sleeping a lot....so glad to be home! You can do this:yahoo:

slots 2.jpg
@whtrose3, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

@X2mangie I have been thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way! I can’t believe you were awake for the surgery! Could you hear what was going on? It sounds like you are taking it easy and being cared for well! I hope your recovery continues to progress well.

My TKR is next Wednesday, 1/16. I think I have done everything I can possibly do to prepare myself and my husband.

Keep hanging in there!

@X2mangie WOW awake, how many nights did you stay in the hospital? I didn't even know they would have you awake, did you ask to be awake? I can't even watch the YouTube for the surgery. Mine is the 16th.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom