2019 January Jackpots - Are you have knee surgery in January?

bottomshollow

Former BoneSmart staff member
Country
United States United States
January marks many "new beginnings" and so it will be for those of you having joint replacement surgery this month!

You have hit the January Jackpot!!

january-jackpot-pic-jpg.54015

If you're having surgery in January, please post here and join the group. It is so helpful to have the support of others who will go through the waiting for surgery and recovery along with you. Get to know each other and you may just end up with a new friend or two who can share your experiences.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!

las-vegas-1-jpg.34194

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:

To start a new thread, hover your mouse "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op". On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

08 January 2019 X2mangie
15 January 2019 knee help
16 January 2019 moon2stars, Bike4Fun

I have my right knee replacement scheduled for 1/8, but my left is really acting up, too. This may turn into a bilateral...we’ll see:shrug:

jackpot 19.jpg
@X2mangie, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

Awwww.... thank you! So sweet!:flwrysmile: I will start something in a few days. Feeling kinda down tonight. My surgeon told me I “do not qualify” for the perfect patient for bilateral. I seem to already be a problem.....highly allergic to the adhesive bandage he likes to use , allergic to the Penicillin he likes to use and already voicing my reluctance for aggressive PT and he says “ there is a window” and I will develop adhesions. I just feel overwhelmed. And in pain, so I am going to bed. Gentle hugs!

Last edited:
Hello,

I am scheduled for a right total hip replacement on 12/5/18 and then six weeks later I will be having a right total knee replacement on 1/16/19. I am so ready to have my life back. Right now my hip is what is giving me the most pain. Seems as though putting off the new knee affected my hip. I have been having horrible hip pain for the last 9 months and I've been scheduled for surgery since July. It's almost time......let's get this ball rolling!!

:welome: I am happy to have someone else in the group @moon2stars ! I know what you mean about the pre op pain. I never would have thought my knees would go south so fast on me! I was just thinking last night that even six weeks ago it wasn’t at all like this! I guess it will make us super happy to have the surgery by the time our dates roll around!:giggle:

jackpot 15.jpg
@moon2stars, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

I am more than likely having knee replacement in January. I must wait 90 days after the cortisone shot that only helped 3 a few days. That would put me at 1/23/19 or later depending on surgeons schedule. I plan to call tomorrow to find out what I need to do next. Any advise would be appreciated.

Called the clinic this morning but have to wait 4 a callback - at least I took the next step!

@rose1940, I cannot add you to the surgery list until you get a definite date. I suggest that you start a thread of your own in the knee pre op forum where you can interact with other members and get answers to your questions and concerns.

To start a new thread, hover your mouse "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op". On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

We're here to help in any way we can because WE CARE!

I am having left total knee replacement on January 16, 2019. I have been reading this forum for many months and feel so prepared for what is coming. Thanks to all who share here!

jackpot 28.jpg
@Bike4Fun, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

:thankyou:@X2mangie I see you are having a right TKR on January 8th. I look forward to hearing about your experience.

@Bike4Fun . All of a sudden, it feels like it is coming up fast. No doubt that I need this, but I am not looking forward to it at all. :bolt:

All of a sudden, it feels like it is coming up fast.
@X2mangie You are so right! I made the decision about TKR this past July. At that time, January seemed so far away! Now, January is right around the corner! Like you, I need this surgery, but it does not thrill me. :scare: I do know the biggest thing that has helped has been reading everyone's experiences on Bonesmart. :friends:

It’s so refreshing to know there are many of us getting a new knee in January!! What a great way to start the new year off-road to freedom!!
I’m looking forward to following you all and learning from your stories!!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom