BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. Announcing BoneSmart's NEW Joint Surgeon Locator tool

We are pleased to now offer a tool to help you find just the right surgeon for your needs.

Read more about this in this announcement:

Dismiss Notice

2019 February Valentines - Are you having hip surgery in February?

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Nov 1, 2018.

1. angelz

angelz new member

United States United States
    Greetings all! I am scheduled for right hip replacement on Feb. 11th. I found this site when I scheduled my surgery last year. The posts are so informative and help to ease the anxiety. I am excited about being pain-free but nervous as heck about the surgery itself. This is not my first major surgery but I cannot remember ever being as nervous as I am now.

2. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all February Valentines!

[​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement.

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own.To start a new thread, hover your mouse over "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu.Click on either the "Pre Op" forum. On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

04 February 2019 pikesan
    05 February 2019 HipHip2, juliewot
    06 February 2019 itsahippy
    07 February 2019 bickypeg
    08 February 2019 RedMama2
    11 February 2019 angelz, digger69
    12 February 2019 sequin98
    14 February 2019 Ffy
    20 Februaary 2019 AngiesHips, Mrs Marlo
    25 February 2019 Sarge, Lady mudbug
    26 February 2019 51desoto
    28 February 2019 SE Florida

3. bottomshollow

feb 71.jpg @angelz, you have been officially added to the February surgery list! You are now officially a February Valentine!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

4. itsahippy

itsahippy junior member

Hi @bottomshollow Yikes only a few more days to go!
    LTHR Scheduled Feb 6th here in the Uk

I’m on what is called the Enhanced Recovery Program so expecting to only be in for a day or so then recovering at home

Little anxious that means it’s down to me to do things right... but you don’t leave until they are happy you know what you’re doing

5. bottomshollow

feb 89.jpg @itsahippy, you have been officially added to the February surgery list! You are now officially a February Valentine!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Ffy

Ffy new member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi everyone. I'm having my surgery (hip replacement) on Valentine's Day and I don't feel at all ready! I've had orthopaedic surgery before, but never hip surgery, and I was much younger (I'm 49 now).

7. bottomshollow

feb 43.jpg @Ffy, you have been officially added to the February surgery list! You are now officially a February Valentine!

8. pikesan

pikesan new member

Well, it's 2/4 tomorrow, I'm reporting for my hip replacement at 8:30AM with Dr. Chow. Wish me luck! See you on the recovery side!

• Like Like x 2
  9. bottomshollow

feb 65.jpg @bickypeg, you have been officially added to the February surgery list! You are now officially a February Valentine!

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care

10. itsahippy

itsahippy junior member

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ffy

Ffy new member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    • Like Like x 1
  12. pikesan

pikesan new member

I’m 49 too Hippy. You will be great. I’m up and walking with a walker since yesterday after surgery. Except for the meds making it difficult for me to empty bladder, no problems at all.

Leaving the hospital soon! My son just got here to pick me up. Happy and healthy thoughts for all newly bionic friends!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. itsahippy

itsahippy junior member

Wow @pikesan that’s amazing so quick! Congrats - My go in T-7 hours!

14. bottomshollow

feb.90.jpg @51desoto, you have been officially added to the February surgery list! You are now officially a February Valentine!

15. digger69

digger69 new member

Canada Canada
    My LTHR is scheduled for 11th February. I’m looking forward to being pain free and enjoying hiking again. My life has been so restricted for the last year. I have learnt a lot by reading posts in this forum.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bottomshollow

feb 74.jpg @digger69, you have been officially added to the February surgery list! You are now officially a February Valentine!

17. bottomshollow

feb 64.jpg @AngiesHips, you have been officially added to the February surgery list! You are now officially a February Valentine!

18. pikesan

pikesan new member

Hey all, Pikesan here. I’m out of surgery about 4.5 days. I’m only walking with a walker but feeling better and more confident every hour I get up to walk. Other than that, I’m just resting.
    Any questions, please ask I’m happy to help!

• Like Like x 1
  19. bottomshollow

feb 37.jpg @juliewot, you have been officially added to the February surgery list! You are now officially a February Valentine!

20. Mrs Marlo

Mrs Marlo new member

My Right THR is scheduled for February 20th, 2019. I am super anxious as the date approaches. Glad to have found this forum one week before. On my way to read some posts in the library. Thanks in advance for all the information shared.