2019 December Supernovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

BoneSmart

Administrative Staff
Country
United States United States
nova-30-jpg.33678
December is the month of miracles and, SuperNovas, yours is just beginning! Here's to you...the soon-to-be bright new shining BoneSmart stars bursting forth into your new, more active lives!

If you're having surgery in December, please post here and join the group. It is so helpful to have the support of others who will go through the waiting for surgery and recovery together.

Welcome to our latest and all December SuperNovas!

b-nova-jpg.33675

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:

To start a new thread, hover your mouse "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op". On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
02 December 2019 - Suz (her second), Farmhand (her second), 2020Tracy, patts552, Knee1225
04 December 2019 - Doubletrouble56
05 December 2019 - Jaybird, Nbagurl67, Grandma68, dklewandow
09 December 2020 - Love2cycle, Queenbeeh (Bilateral), JustMe58, skill1234

10 December 2019 - sondrals (her second), ginr, Sel (her second)
11 December 2019 - Dad Run Track (Bilateral), kneeidea63 (her second), TTBONE
12 December 2019 - Lexus05 (Revision)
13 December 2019 - NFenske (Revision)
14 December 2019 - Stanhope66

16 December 2019 - LD of Michigan,
17 December 2019- VtBreeze, ross53545 (Bilateral), Finn

18 December 2019 - quiltgal, tehdarwinator
19 December 2019 - Pghkid (PKR. His second), Wen, Deamo
26 December 2019 - JohnsonFam316
27 December 2019 - sandy41jt, quiltgal888

Last edited by a moderator:
Scheduled RTKR December 18th. Pleased to
find this site and begin my journey. Thank you
to all for such welcome info and support.

1570435980628.png

@quiltrgal , you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December Supernova.

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

Hi there quiltrgal. Like you (I assume from your name) I am a quilter, and also like you, am having a RTKR in December. Mine will be on the 5th, so a couple of weeks ahead of you. I have to go back to work by the beginning of February (I’m a tax preparer and so make ~75% of my annual income between 2/1 and 4/15), so that’s going to be interesting. Nice to “meet“ you.

nova 4.jpg

@jaybird ,
you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December Supernova.

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

I went to my OS this morning and will need my Left Partial Knee revised to a total knee replacement. It will be done in December but don't have a set date yet.

@Lexus05,
Let us know when you have your surgery date and we will add you to the December Supernovas.

I have my date for my surgery now. I will be having my partial knee of 11 years revised to a total left knee on Dec. 12, 2019 due to the arthritis and age of the components.

nova 10.jpg

@Lexus05 , you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December Supernova.

My date has been set for me to have my partial knee( that is 11 years old) revised to a total knee on Dec. 12th. I just had my right total knee revised (spacer replaced) on Jul. 26, 2019 so I should be all prepared for this one, however I still dread the pain and hard work you have to put in to get your ROM and extension back. I have quite a few procedures planned prior to my knee surgery that I have to get through first. Wish me luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
nova 18.jpg

@Dad Run Track , you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December Supernova.

Hi all, I've just been scheduled for a left TKR on December 18. This came about rather suddenly (although I should have seen it coming, I suppose). I am so glad to find a group in the same circumstances! The next six weeks are going to be major learning experience.

Howdy! My TKR will be December 27th. I wanted to wait until after the holiday. Very nervous so I'm searching for ideas on healing. A friend of mine used an ice machine with the knee wrap. Do you suggest that I purchase one? Pretty expensive...

nova 26.jpg

@tehdarwinator , @sandy41jt , you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December Supernova.

nova 33.jpg

@sondrals , ,- You have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December Supernova. Please let us know if your surgery date is changed

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please continue to post in your own thread. That way, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

nova 4.jpg

@kneeidea63, ,- You have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December Supernova. Please let us know if your surgery date is changed

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please continue to post in your own thread. That way, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

Well it's scheduled. December 2nd, 2019. LTKR for Christmas! The wonderful BoneSmart family saw me through my RTKR in 2016 and I have no doubt they'll get me through this one! Let's DO THIS!

Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 8.02.42 PM.jpg

nova 29.jpg

@Suz , you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December Supernova.

nova 41.jpg

@Farmhand , you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December Supernova.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88