2019 August Hotshots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

I'm new to this forum, so I hope I'm posting in the right place. Am scheduled for DOUBLE TKRs August 26. I never dreamed of doing them both at the same time until I met my new surgeon, and he feels confident I can do it, so I'm going for it. I'm 75, and not really athletic, so am trying hard to get as strong as possible before surgery. Just call me a wild and crazy gal...
Good luck to you...

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all August Hotshots!

aug-logo-1-jpg.72818

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 August 2019 greensled (partial), 2yng4nofun
05 August 2019 brucerit, CatladyCRW
06 August 2019 mwinstan
13 August 2019 borogirl, Carole4815, kray
14 August 2019 WonkyKnees
15 August 2019 leverman, susie2f
16 August 2019 Livingston
19 August 2019 NuNees2019
20 August 2019 Pattikakes, sewhat
22 August 2019 sondrals
26 August 2019 2SadKnees (bilateral)
27 August 2019 Bossy97
29 August 2019 Shewolf38

aug 26.jpg
@NuNees2019, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

Good morning all! I'm having a partial knee replacement on my RT knee on August 1st.

Hi! First-time poster. I am having TKR on my left knee on August 5. I'm nervous but ready to be able to walk more than a block without pain. I want to go hiking with my hubby again!
-Sue

aug 38.jpg
@greensled, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

aug 24.jpg
@CatladyCRW, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

It's time to do my left knee. My surgery is August 20

melt 21.jpg
@sewhat, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

melt 25.png
@sewhat, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have reoined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

aug 21.jpg
@2yng4nofun, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

aug 29.jpg
@susie2f, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

aug 26.jpg
@sondrals, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

Good morning!
Scheduled for first TKR (right knee) August 13th and the left knee on September 24th.
I admit, that I am very nervous and have been thinking about canceling it. I know it will
only get worse and the recovery longer by waiting until the "right" time. My goal is to return
to work on August 26th to which I am administrative and at a desk. Any advice or input would be appreciated very much! Take care everyone!

Last edited:
melting 27.jpg
@kray, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. Please do this soon and please go to the library to look at all the articles regarding total knee replacement. I'm really afraid that you do not have any realistic concept of what and how long recovery is from this major, major surgery.

I am not trying to discourage you from having the surgery----I found it to be a life saver and would not hesitate to do it again----but going back to work 13 days after surgery is just not going to be possible.

Hi All
Scheduled for Friday August 16 (RTKR) here in Calgary Alberta...just a bit nervous:unsure:. This will be my eighth surgery on it...I began with a menisectomy in 1983 after blowing it out playing rugby, one ACL reconstruction in '89 (from same rugby injury) and 5 arthroscopies to remove various bits and pieces. My ACL reconstruction failed in 1996 so I have been without one since then. I am truly looking forward to having some stability again.

Last edited:
aug 33.png
@Livingston, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

I’m having a RTKA on August 27th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melt 1.jpg
@Bossy97, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

Hello everyone! I recently joined the October post but my surgery was rescheduled for August 29!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back