2019 August Hotshots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

bottomshollow

Former BoneSmart staff member
Country
United States United States
Welcome to our latest and all August Hotshots!

aug logo 1.jpg

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

05 August 2019 brucerit
06 August 2019 mwinstan
13 August 2019 borogirl, Carole4815
14 August 2019 WonkyKnees
15 August 2019 leverman
20 August 2019 Pattikakes
26 August 2019 2SadKnees (bilateral)

Left TKR scheduled for August 6, 2019! Was second guessing needing it up until a month ago. It's for sure needed and I'm now getting my head and heart around getting it done!

chilling 1.jpg
@mwinstan, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

Congratulations! Scary and anxiety promoting as surgery can be, the results and the freedom from pain is so wonderful there are no words for it.
I'm 3 mths post op. I celebrated a few days ago by kneeling (on a soft surface) which was ok and by sitting on the floor and getting up. Was ok for my 2 x TKR but I need work on core strength to do this without using furniture for assistance. I guess a 5 year journey with dodgy knees has had more effect than I realised!! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Scheduled for left knee TKR on August 14th. Have been having problems with this knee for over a decade and look forward to replacing it. My right knee also is on the list for replacement, but not for a few months later.

aug 19.jpg
@mwinstan, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

I'm new to this forum, so I hope I'm posting in the right place. Am scheduled for DOUBLE TKRs August 26. I never dreamed of doing them both at the same time until I met my new surgeon, and he feels confident I can do it, so I'm going for it. I'm 75, and not really athletic, so am trying hard to get as strong as possible before surgery. Just call me a wild and crazy gal...

pool cool.jpg
@2SadKnees, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot! Love your user name!

aug 35.jpg
@borogirl, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

aug 33.png
@brucerit, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

Thank you "bottomshollow", I will be staying in touch.

aug 20.jpg
@leverman, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

Thanks for the warm welcome bottomshollow .
Will keep in touch, this forum was very helpful the first tkr.
Cheers,:)
Ian

I'm scheduled for right TKR on Aug. 20th. It's taken me a while to make the decision but I think I'm finally at the point that it's something I must do to reclaim my life and be able to do all the things that I love to do and haven't been able to for quite a while.

aug 31.jpg
@Pattikakes, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

Right TKR, scheduled for August 13th!! At last, so happy to have a firm date.

aug 36.jpg
@Carole4815, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hotshot!

Thanks, bottomshollow! I really appreciate your helpful and informative post.

Thanks for adding me to the list. I'm glad to connect with others going through the same experience.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom