BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. Announcing BoneSmart's NEW Joint Surgeon Locator tool

We are pleased to now offer a tool to help you find just the right surgeon for your needs.

Read more about this in this announcement:

Dismiss Notice

2019 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Jan 1, 2019.

1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

United States United States
    [​IMG]

Is April the month you plan to find the pot of gold at the end of your rainbow? Congratulations!!! And we invite you to join the BoneSmart group, April Rainbows. As a team, you will have people like yourself going through surgery at the same time to talk with. We find this works really well to deal with concerns and provide support to each other.

Let us know your surgery date and join the group!

2. bottomshollow

Welcome to our latest and all April Rainbows!

[​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:

To start a new thread, hover your mouse "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op". On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

08 April 2019 Jwatrlily, bibi
    09 April 2019 lizbuff93
    10 April 2019 LLL50 (patello femoral), katclub
    11 April 2019 gmfrn (revision)
    16 April 2019 swmrgirl (revision)
    25 April 2019 Nomad

3. Jwatrlily

Jwatrlily new member

I'm scheduled for R-TKR on April 8th. Not new to joint replacement as I had a L-THR in September 2003. Still going strong on it. I know this will open up a can of worms but I have to have a hardware removal surgery, same knee, on Feb. 6th. I completely trust my surgeon. The hardware removal, 2 screws and a bolt on the tibial plateau, are necessary to do the TKR. Not looking forward to it as I'm 67.

4. Celle

Celle FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

New Zealand New Zealand
    @Jwatrlily - Welcome! Why did you have the hardware inserted in your right knee, and when? If you can tell us that, I'll add it to your signature.

5. Jwatrlily

Jwatrlily new member

To fix a tibial plateau fracture from a vehicle accident in 1988. Yes, the original surgeon should have removed it once healed but he got into malpractice trouble and skipped the country. I needed an OS immediately after the accident, was so badly injured and could not be life flighted elsewhere. He was the only OS in my rural community. Yes, it has been 30 years. I have faith in my surgeon now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bottomshollow

april 1.jpg @Jwatrlily, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
    We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  7. Nomad

Nomad new member

I just scheduled RTKR for April 25. I'd do it next week if it weren't for travel plans in place for March and my doc being a little leary to have me take an international trip at 5 weeks post-op. And depending on how it goes, I'll likely have LTKR before the end of 2019 as well.

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. LLL50

LLL50 new member

I am 50 and have a healthy knee joint, but my patella is almost fused to my groove due to absent cartilage that has been worn away due to wear and tear. I've been just living my life avoiding all of the things that irritate it. I am very active---I hike, swim, play hockey, jog, walk--you name it. I just pay for it after I've done it and have realized that all of my activities are going to come to a screeching halt the longer I wait to have my knee fixed. My Dr. has told me that my patella will continue to wear away and if it gets any thinner there will be nothing left to work with. So now is the time to get it fixed. I am freaking out a bit as I don't want surgery but realize that time could cost me a whole lot more if I wait. I do have a high tolerance for pain, but I am scared that the end result will be worse than what I am currently dealing with because right now? I control the amount of pain I am in. I choose activities that either cause me pain or don't cause me pain. I also have read lots of stories where the end result was worse. Any insight would be awesome. My patello femoral is scheduled for April 10th

9. bottomshollow

april 9.jpg @Nomad, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

10. bottomshollow

april 15.jpg @LLL50, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

11. bottomshollow

april 57.jpg @katclub, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

12. bibi

bibi member

Hello!
    I am scheduled for April 8th ltkr.

13. bottomshollow

april 20.jpg @bibi, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

14. swmrgirl

swmrgirl senior

Hi! April 16th revision left TKR.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  15. bottomshollow

april 127.jpg @swmrgirl, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. lizbuff93

lizbuff93 new member

I just joined this forum and am scheduled for LTKR on April 9, 2019. Nervous but I have my Mom, critical care nurse, with 2 TKR in last couple years and my sister who had LTKR May 2018. So I know what to expect. Also very fortunate to have a great DH who has nursed me through many surgeries, including a lumbar fusion in 1999.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. bottomshollow

april 114.jpg @lizbuff93, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

18. bottomshollow

april 11.jpg @gmfrn, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

19. barzeen

barzeen junior member

Just got scheduled for April 2... can't come fast enough... new to all this... but learning as I go I guess... just trying to keep the panic and fear in check... I love rainbows... after this long winter I as well as many are ready to see them...

20. bottomshollow

april 36.jpg @barzeen, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!