BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community

2018 September Sapphires - Are you having hip surgery in September?

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Jun 1, 2018.

1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

United States United States
    [​IMG]

Welcome to our September surgery team....the September Sapphires. Like the precious gems you all are, you're going to be marking the changing seasons with a big change in your life.

So join together for support and look ahead to those wonderful new days with your new joints - pain free and happy!!! Post your surgery dates here and use this thread to make some new friends and surgery buddies.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bottomshollow

Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires!

[​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here are the instructions you need to do this:

To start a new thread, hover your mouse "Hip" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op".

On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white.

Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

10 September 2018 Knitquilt (her second)
    11 September 2018 anny
    12 September 2018 Going4fun
    14 September 2018 Alitm (bilateral)
    17 September 2018 Kmhefner

3. anny

anny graduate

New Zealand New Zealand
    First on the list? Just got my date of 11 September @bottomshollow .....thank you :thumb:

4. bottomshollow

sept 17.jpg @anny, you have been officially added to the MONTH surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  5. Alitm

Alitm post-grad

Canada Canada
    Hello, I am having bilateral THR (anterior approach) on September 14th.

6. bottomshollow

sept 33.jpg @Alitm, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kmhefner

Kmhefner junior member

September 17th. Anterior approach Left THR @ 27!​

8. bottomshollow

sept 65.jpg @Kmhefner, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Knitquilt

Knitquilt member

I’m back again - LTHR on September 10

10. bottomshollow

sept 144.jpg @Knitquilt, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

11. Alitm

Alitm post-grad

Canada Canada
    @Kmhefner Hello fellow Sapphire! I have been living on Meloxicam and Tylenol while trying to keep up with our horse farm chores. Can no longer ride. Having bilateral THR Sept 14. I am reading up on your journey.....not fun

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  12. Alitm

Alitm post-grad

Canada Canada
    @Knitquilt Wanted to say hello to another fellow Sapphire. You and @anny are having your second THR....a balanced pair now :)

13. Knitquilt

Knitquilt member

Thanks for popping in and welcoming me @Alitm I’ll be following your recovery for sure.

My daughter moved to Vancouver BC last year and I miss her terribly - what beautiful scenery there!

14. Alitm

Alitm post-grad

Canada Canada
    @Knitquilt Vancouver is spectacular with the ocean and the mountain scenary. I'm on Vancouver Island (the size of Tawain approximately). Stunning here too - Good for the soul :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Going4fun

Going4fun member

I am scheduled for THR on the left side, anterolateral approach, on September 12, 2018.

16. Knitquilt

Knitquilt member

Hi @Going4fun. I’m your twin - THR on my left side, anterior approach - one day before you.

17. bottomshollow

sept 78.jpg @Going4fun, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

18. Alitm

Alitm post-grad

Canada Canada
    @Going4fun....Hello and welcome September surgery friend. This is a great place for pre and post op THR surgery support and advice :).

19. Going4fun

Going4fun member

@bottomshollow, thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking and reading on these forums for some time now as I considered the hip surgery. So I'm happy to officially join and post my date.

@Knitquilt, nice title--I wanna hear about quilts as we go along ... So you're a day before me ... Well, we'll have to cheer each other on.

20. kevinax

kevinax new member

Hi , I’m Kevin in Winter Haven FL. Having anterior hip replacement on right hip 9/5 and left side 9/12 as long as my hemoglobin is ok. Excited but very nervous.