BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community

2018 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Aug 2, 2018.

1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

United States United States
    Welcome to our latest and all November Nimbles!

header 1.jpg

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

05 November 2018 NanaKP, SwampHiker
    06 November 2018 soccerdad
    07 November 2018 TwinK2
    08November 2018 Alitm
    09 November 2018 Squeaks123
    12 November 2018 allena
    14 November 2018 Ldm380

2. Lea61

Lea61 member

Hi... I guess no one has a date in November yet. Mine is November 20th. It will be a total hip replacement and my surgeon wants me to think about doing a bilateral hip replacement instead of having surgery twice. I am very nervous about it and not sure which way I should go. I was happy to find this forum and hope it can help me make the right decision. Thanks.

3. bottomshollow

Nov 1.jpg @Lea61, you have been officially added to the MONTH surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

4. bottomshollow

Nov 6.jpg @allena, you have been officially added to the MONTH surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

5. bottomshollow

Nov 42.jpg @Wave Hog, you have been officially added to the MONTH surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

6. Squeaks123

Squeaks123 junior member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi guys.

Very nice to have a group like this.

I am 46 yrs.
    I'm scheduled for THR left hip with 3x smooth end pins being removed during same op Nov 9th

all the best to all and glad we can share our journey and support with eachother.

7. stellaluna

stellaluna junior member

[/QUOTE] It will be a total hip replacement and my surgeon wants me to think about doing a bilateral hip replacement instead of having surgery twice. I am very nervous about it and not sure which way I should go. I was happy to find this forum and hope it can help me make the right decision. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
    @Lea61 - I had bilateral. Best decision I made. I will be honest -be patient esp first couple weeks of recovery. But with patience and listening to your body, resting, icing, exercises- it is possible. the only other thing I'll add- I found help to be essential the first two weeks. Well, the first week I dont even count as recovery as I was in the hospital 4 days lol. But when I got home some one was there with me right thru the 2nd week. @Mojo333 can also provide info as she had it too!

8. bottomshollow

Nov 11.png @Squeaks123, you have been officially added to the MONTH surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

9. Ldm380

Ldm380 junior member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Im 51 and having a left THR 14th November. I feel like I’m going to get my life back I cannot wait to go shopping without pain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TwinK2

TwinK2 new member

Hello. Right THR on November 7th. Hopeful, scared and tired of the pain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. bottomshollow

Nov 54.jpg @Ldm380, you have been officially added to the MONTH surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

12. bottomshollow

Nov 26.jpg @TwinK2, you have been officially added to the MONTH surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

13. bottomshollow

Nov 65.jpg @soccerdad, you have been officially added to the MONTH surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

14. bottomshollow

@Lea51, I have removed you from the November list and added you to the October list.

15. Alitm

Alitm post-grad

Canada Canada
    Hi, I am scheduled for LTHR on November 8th. Currently I'm healing from RTHR surgery on September 14th. I have had so much support here with my first surgery - Its a great place to be while going through THR :) I'm looking forward to chatting with other November Nimbles!

16. bottomshollow

Nov 27.jpg @Alitm, you have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

17. SwampHiker

SwampHiker member

Hello!
    38 years young and having LTHR via SuperPATH on 11/5/2018. Can't wait to run and hike again

• Like Like x 1
  18. NanaKP

NanaKP member

Just scheduled my right THR for November 5th. I had my left THR on May 2 and a revision 8/1/18. It's been a very bump ride for me with some complications so I'm crossing my fingers, praying, throwing salt over my shoulder and everything else that the 2nd go around will go without a hitch.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. bottomshollow

Nov 33.jpg @NanaKP, you have been officially added to the MONTH surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

20. bottomshollow

Nov 77.jpg @SwampHiker, you have been officially added to the MONTH surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!