BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. ATTENTION: Download the new BoneSmart® app today! This FREE app is available for iOS or android phones and tablets and will allow you to connect to the forum on all of your devices. The old Tapatalk app is being discontinued so get the new app now.

Get The app HERE

Dismiss Notice

2018 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Feb 2, 2018.

1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

United States United States
    [​IMG]

Are you having surgery in the month of May? Welcome to the May Marvels....a team just for you with others that will be having surgery and recovery right along with you. Give us your surgery date and maybe a few facts about yourself and we'll get you on the list. As the month goes by, the list will grow and maybe you'll find a few folks to partner up with for recovery.

Please join the team and help support your fellow BoneSmarties through the lead-up to the Big Day and the recovery afterwards!

• Like Like x 1
  2. bottomshollow

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

08 May 2018 purplehip, sweet alice
    09 May 2018 Gettysburg, Kikki (her second)
    11 May 2018 mcopt (his second)
    16 May 2018 Selkiegirl
    31 May 2018 BusterBeans (her second)

3. mcopt

mcopt senior

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi I should be having my second/left thr via SuperPath on 11th May.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bottomshollow

may 87.jpg @mcopt, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

5. purplehip

purplehip new member

Hi I'm scheduled to have my first THR on 8th May.

Helen

• Like Like x 4
  6. bottomshollow

may 1.jpg @purplehip, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

7. BusterBeans

BusterBeans senior

I’m scheduled for a RTHR on May 31st. I had a LTHR in September 2016 and a BTKR in October 2015 so I’m still on my journey to becoming bionic.

8. bottomshollow

may 15.jpg @BusterBeans, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

9. Gettysburg

Gettysburg junior member

Scheduled for thr May 9, 2018! Scared,

10. bottomshollow

may 14.jpg @Gettysburg, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

11. BusterBeans

BusterBeans senior

Gettysburg? I lived in Cumberland County for most of my life. Just moved to Florida last year.
    Had my left hip replaced 18 months ago and it wasn’t all that bad. Not near as bad as getting my knees replaced 3 years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gettysburg

Gettysburg junior member

BusterBeans, I’m going to have to have knees done also.

13. BusterBeans

BusterBeans senior

Gettysburg, it’s really smart of you to get your hip done first. Sure wish I had. It would have made my hip-knee alignment better and my knee less painful. And getting your your hip done first will make you an old pro when it comes time for your knee. Are you using an OS in the Harrisburg area?

14. sweet alice

sweet alice junior member

I am scheduled for THR on May 8th

15. bottomshollow

may 22.jpg @sweet alice , you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

• Like Like x 1
  16. sweet alice

sweet alice junior member

Looks like we will be new hippies the same day.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kikki

Kikki junior member

2nd THR left this time. Scheduled for May 9th! First one was 4 weeks ago. Sigh. Just feeling better, and in 4 weeks it’s ground hog day. Lol.

Kikki.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Selkiegirl

Selkiegirl junior member

I''m a May Marvel - May 16th. Looking forward to the freedom the surgery will bring me! Woop!!

19. bottomshollow

may 76.jpg @Kikki, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

20. bottomshollow

may 86.jpg @Selkiegirl, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

• Friendly Friendly x 1