2018 March Musketeers - Are you having knee surgery in March?

bottomshollow

Former BoneSmart staff member
Country
United States United States
ai38-tinypic-com_2ldu15h-jpg.44321

"All for one and one for all!!!"

March brings us 'round to the first of our monthly teams - the March Musketeers. Three of our members called themselves the March Musketeers back in 2010 and the whole program of monthly teams just took off from there.

If you're having surgery in the month of March, please post your date and any other information you'd like to share in this thread.

It always helps to have a group of BoneSmarties going through surgery and recovery together. You can support each other in true Musketeer fashion and even brandish a few swords as you reach milestones in recovery!

So....OUT with the BAD.....and IN with the GOOD! Let's get the Musketeers rallying together and ensure success for one....SUCCESS FOR ALL!!!

Welcome to our latest and all March Musketeers!

musk-2-jpg.18241
musk-1-jpg.18242

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 March 2018 Yerdua (bilateral)
08 March 2018 etrips
09 March 2018 Cocomart
14 March 2018 whirsch
20 March 2018 Yorkiegirl
26 March 2018 ArleneS (her second), Boomer47 (her first)
28 March 2018 JoeSmithNH (his first)

My knee replacement will be March 19th. My first one.

march 6.jpg
@Cocomart, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

Hi! I'm going to schedule my first TKR for March 14th. I'm super excited and a bit nervous at the same time. I've had knee problems since I was young, and just can't do it any more. I'm a bit on the young side (love saying that!!), and one doctor wanted me to continue to wait another 5 years. I was so discouraged to hear that as I've been in pain on and off for decades, and have been in constant pain for the past year. Enough!!

I can't wait to get back to hiking and backpacking!!

I'd love to hear some suggestions to get ready for my surgery. I've already starting eating right, and doing the exercises the new doctor suggested, but as of now, my flexion is horrible!! I've lost so much bend in my knee that I'm concerned about recovery. HELP!!

march 13.jpg
@whirsch, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

I am going to be in for mid March (19, 20 or 21) - waiting on confirmation of which one. This will be my first TKR. I am going Right knee first then will set up to do the Left. I will go on how I work through recovery and Doc's orders on when - 10 weeks after the first or after vacation (Azores in September). I will more than likely throw that question up somewhere on the boards to get peoples input (I will read the link in the above post to see the guidelines).

Looking forward to getting my mobility back and less pain....

I am having LTKR March 8, 2018

march 18.jpg
@ArleneS, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

march 49.jpg
@etrips, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially March Musketeer!

Left knee total replacement will be March 20th.

march 2.jpg
@Yorkiegirl, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

Well I am scheduled for March 28. for my 1st and 9/17 for my 2nd.
The decision is now which to do Left or Right first - I have a few weeks to research that.

:cheers:

march 64.jpg
@JoeSmithNH, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

i am having BKR (Bilateral Knee Replacement) sorry ,new to this March 1st. I have waited 8 years and am
petrified! Know many who have had TKR and BKR but none my age, 58, and none as bow legged as I am. I have done the shots and everything else for the past decade but now the pain in both is past bearable. Actually ended up in wheelchair on vacation last week! Scared to death of the pain afterwards and I have no mobility for years so what will it be after? Rehab of course. Lost all the weight, don't drink or smoke. What else should I be doing to get ready besides panic. I waited too long so now the results will not be as good???

march 60.jpg
@Yerdua, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

I am a March 26th girl. Left knee bone on bone...must wait 3 months to get the second knee. I would rather do them both at the same time.

march 99.jpg
@Boomer47, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
loo_who_too
Recent bookmarks