2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

Hi AnnieRose2, my post-ops are Weds. We travel to LA tomorrow eve and stay in a hotel as the drive from our end of LA to Cedars Sinai is 3 hours in LA traffic! Yes, this post-op makes it feel even more real! I'm exhausted from pain so ready for relief. I agree about the "out" no pain or noise sedation.

I'm a retired geriatric social worker retired from a hospital but not a floor SW. I ran community outreach, family caregiver support, and brain injury case management. I'm trying to be positive too in spite of feeling challenged by my small home, double bed to share with hubby, hubby catching cold, elder care, and a toilet just 16" from the tub to navigate!

Ommmm, Namaste, sunshine sister!

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!

sunbeams-2-jpg.30926

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

04 June 2018 lunchlady
05 June 2018 PerthHippy, AnnieRose2
06 June 2018 Ursula72, Joey4USC (bilateral)
08 June 2018 luvsibes, Stephyrath
11 June 2018 movingwell (her second), Sbrummer
12 June 2018 Thesoutherncook, Catldy71
14 June 2018 Kris_MN
15 June 2018 Shells
18 June 2018 Dracia, LindaSF (bilateral)
19 June 2018 emilymae99, jgmurrayaf (bilateral)
20 June 2018 Ascorpiana
22 June 2018 BeBe (her second), ladylorn (her second)

Hello June Sunbeams, I feel like I know you all now so I changed my Avatar. (Ursula inspired me with her photo update). So, here is me in Nov. 17, still walking my dog and getting about 7500 steps per day on my Fitbit (down from old days of 10-12,000). This was with the help of tramadol at 1/2 the prescribed dose, 1/2 Aleve, and some medical CBD. Prior to preparing for surgery, I just limped along behind hubby and pup and made it home in pain. Since going off everything to prepare, I am not walking at all with them! So, here's a reminder for me of one of many reasons I'm doing this after 4 years of pool, adapted yoga, and light meds! Note, the Wonder Woman tee says, "Can't help now, I have to walk my husky!". See you all soon in our next steps! Peace and Love, Claudia

Hi!!

I had a LTKR last January and am in for a RTHR on 8th June (next Friday!). Please, please, please can I be a Sunbeam??!! :):happydance:

I cannot tell you how much this forum helped me through my knee surgery last year. Friends and family do their very best to support you but there is nothing like having contact with people who are going through the same thing and truly know how you feel.

Thank you BoneSmart :flwrysmile:

Hello June Sunbeams, I feel like I know you all now so I changed my Avatar. (Ursula inspired me with her photo update). So, here is me in Nov. 17, still walking my dog and getting about 7500 steps per day on my Fitbit (down from old days of 10-12,000). This was with the help of tramadol at 1/2 the prescribed dose, 1/2 Aleve, and some medical CBD. Prior to preparing for surgery, I just limped along behind hubby and pup and made it home in pain. Since going off everything to prepare, I am not walking at all with them! So, here's a reminder for me of one of many reasons I'm doing this after 4 years of pool, adapted yoga, and light meds! Note, the Wonder Woman tee says, "Can't help now, I have to walk my husky!". See you all soon in our next steps! Peace and Love, Claudia

Hi luvsibes! We’re having surgery on the same day. Wishing you a speedy and positive recovery xx

june 62.jpg
@Stephyrath, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee" or "Hip"on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu.

Click on either the "Pre Op" or "Recovery" forum depending where you are in your journey.

On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white.

Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

Thanks Stephyrath. We can do this! :loll:

It's now June and we are all getting close to our new next steps. I'm sending loving thoughts to all!

Bilateral THR June 6th, wish I had found this site sooner, Blessings to all

june 44.jpg
@Joey4USC, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee" or "Hip"on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu.

Click on either the "Pre Op" or "Recovery" forum depending where you are in your journey.

On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white.

Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

RTHR (to match my left one :eyebrows:) scheduled for June 22nd - just had my pre-admission testing done this morning. I can't wait!!!:dancy::dancy::dancy:

june 29.jpg
@ladylorn, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here.

Hello. I am new to the forum, and scheduled for right THR on June 12th. I am nervous, but my mobility is pretty limited so I need to have it done. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Good morning @bottomshollow
My second hip scheduled June 22 -- LTHR. Please add me to your list!
RTHR was done March 23
2018 year of new hips for me
Hi, @BeBe ! We're moving along at a similar pace - my LTHR was on March 9th, and I'm getting my RTHR done on the 22nd! Looking forward to two happy hips!

I am scheduled for a bilateral thr (anterior) June 19th. I'm very nervous.

june 8.jpg
@Catldy71, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

june 40.jpg
@jgmurrayaf, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Having a RTHR on June 15. I am nervous. Ready to get rid of this pain though.

june 76.jpg
@ladylorn, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts