2017 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!

july-sparklers-jpg.31286

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 July 2017 Mizen (RPKR), az_postal
04 July 2017 golfnwench
05 July 2017 mousiee216 (arthroscopy or revision to TKR)
07 July 2017 Iknit. janio
11 July 2017 Ruby9297, NJ Cindi, Lauriec620 (revision), Ajmdd6
12 July 2017 GrammieT, labbieb
13 July 2017 RoseB137 (bilateral), MacGail
17 July 2017 jboles, bkish (her second)
18 July 2017 qwilter (her second), Thesoutherncook (her second)
19 July 2017 Pipt (Revision), MsBurry
20 July 2017 Happydale (her second)
25 July 2017 shirley907
26 July 2017 Jenn1007 (bilateral)
28 July 2017 pegasys80

Less than 48 hours for me....

11thJuly17 RTK. LTK was done 14thMarch17
Have a post op thread from March.
Before was fear of the unknown; now its fear of the known.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart mobile app

@Mizen, you are the first July Sparkler to get your surgery . Best of luck to you!

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

sparkler 1.jpg
@bkish, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

Hi. Actually, still have a "recovery thread" from March and LTK. Since the RTK is about one week away, do I need to have a pre surgery thread or just work on the current one?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

@bkish, I would just use the one you already have. We can change the title for you, if you wish.

That would be great. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Hello! I'm having a right TKR this Friday, July 7th. I'm a 53 yo nurse director. And just this week I'm getting a bit overwhelmed now that the week is here. Usually I coordinate care for those having this surgery. I think I'm ready as I can be! Nice to join you all here. I'm rooting for you all! :flwrysmile:

Last edited by a moderator:
sparkler 2.jpg
@Iknit, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

Welcome @lknit, Friday is fast approaching ! Being a nurse who coordinates care for this surgery must have its plusses and minuses. You know exactly what to expect. And you KNOW exactly what to expect! I will have you in my good thoughts this week. I'm not far behind you. My surgery is on the 11th.

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

Hello,
I'm doing the TKR thing on the 11th, however I'm confused about what's to be done with my patella due to previous fractures and screws that are still intact?

july 54.jpg
@Ajmdd6, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Asking your surgeon about what's to be done with the patella is the way to go. We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

Total knee replacement scheduled for 07/07. Pretty nervous but looking forward.

july sparklers 1.jpg
@janio, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

I just found this site! I'm having my 1st TKR on July 13 on my left knee. My right one isn't too good either. I have 3 kinds of arthritis and fibromyalgia, so I know the recovery will be difficult. I also had prior surgery on both knees at 14 and 17 years old. I had a birth defect where my tendon was on the wrong side of my knees. Because of this, my Dr said he will have to have the incision more inside to get behind the prior repair.

july 60.jpg
@MacGail, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Hello! I'm having a right TKR this Friday, July 7th. I'm a 53 yo nurse director. And just this week I'm getting a bit overwhelmed now that the week is here. Usually I coordinate care for those having this surgery. I think I'm ready as I can be! Nice to join you all here. I'm rooting for you all! :flwrysmile:

Good luck!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks