2017 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mollygram, you and I have similar stories in that we are both having knee replacements about 6-8 weeks apart. I see that you have already had one, the the other is coming up. I'd love to stay in touch and see how it goes doing the two so closely together. I hope you are doing well!

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!

las-vegas-1-jpg.34194

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 January 17 jaschembra, MaryD (her first), Pattikakes (her first), MaryCate
04 January 17 UACats70 (partial)
05 January 17 weasel52, Grammy211 (her second)
09 January 17 RMasano, Mister, butterflydancer (her second)
10 January 17 Kathi 777 (bilateral)
11 January 17 Mitten, birdycarol
15 January 17 helpmyknee
16 January 17 DEgrammy
17 January 17 Haley4, saanmar (her second), Ronsgirl (her second). kayjay (her second), Needy Knee
18 January 17 highlander
19 January 17 DebM (bilateral), msehphdjd
23 January 17 mollygram (her second), mare0568
24 January 17 FishingGuu (his first), mg5457 (his first), cricket
26 January 17 newlife2lv (her second)
27 January 17 MelanieM
30 January 17 LizRose
31 January 17 Acetrace (bilateral), beekeep13, sargenti, crstysue (her first)

@crstysue Now that I have threads on both sides of the knee replacement section, it will be easier for me to get back sooner and report how things are going. Of course I am going in with the knowledge that each knee is it's own little baby; and it's recovery will be it's own. :reading: Keep us posted about how you're doing too.:egypdance:

Total left knee- January 18th! Was originally December - but had to delay for some work and family obligations. Ready for a new knee!

jackpot 52.jpg
@highlander, you have been officially added to the Janaury surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. (I have changed your signature to reflect your new surgery date.)

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

Hello, I am new here. I am scheduled to have my first knee replacement on Monday, January 23.

You will do great! The problem I had was there was a lack of managed pain control. Make sure the nurses give pain meds on a schedule. I didn't keep up with mine, so I suffered.
And hopefully you will have good pt. I had one that my husband said she had probably never experienced pain, or she wouldn't have been so inflexible. She kept insisting on the cpm machine, so
I finally let her put it on me, but when she left the room, I quit using it. She wanted to put it on 40 and I talked her down to 15. Oh well, you do what you gotta do right?

jackpot 34.jpg
@mare0568, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

Ltkr jan 26,2017... 2007 had right knee done never got full range back, bending wise so nervous since i can not afford same results so will have to work even harder than before...i am google crazy although know somewhat what to expect. Im hoping this site helps to get some encouragement I'll need.

jackpot 49.jpg
@newlife2lv, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

Not even sure doctors use cpm machines anymore at least in my joint class i asked and lady said they no longer use but guess I'll know for sure soon.also wondering how long ill be in hospital i do have ulcerative colitis so some issues anemia occassionly. Have doctor clearance tomorrow 1/16/17 and my surgeon consult clearance 1/19/17

What rom did you get to? I'm a wk out tomorrow and have rom of 30.
I'm sure things have changed tremendously since your last surgery. In the hospital they did have me use the cpm machine, although they wanted it set really high and I wouldn't let them. Don't have other medical issues so I can't comment on that. The main thing is to get your pain management worked out soon. I had to stay in hospital longer because of that.

@newlife2lv I'm 11 days out. My hospital didn't use a CPM and made me keep my leg flat - no elevating. My OS does use the CPM but I'm not doing it for the several hours that they suggest. I'd say the CPMs are being used less and less.

I would agree with mister on the hospital stay. I was only 1 night. He had said 1-2 and it didn't matter to me as long as my pain was managed. Well, my pain wasn't really managed - it was with pill and iv pain medicine, but not 100% pill form. 1st 24 hours home, I was in too much pain - I would have stayed 2 nights if I had it to do over. All is better now.

Just keep reading everything you can on BoneSmart. So much knowledge

I was supposed to stay 2days but ended up staying 3. I guess at least my os cared enough to want to get it worked out before I went home. Or, maybe he knew I would keep calling him till it was worked out, lol. I'm 7days out and doing much better. Try not to worry, you will have us to talk to and ask questions.

Anxious to start recovery ltkr on jan 26 now even finding short trips to movies painful

@newlife2lv we love to go to the movies also and it was really hard to walk after sitting that long. That's another thing to be thankful for after recovering. Good luck on your surgery, you will do great, let us know how it goes.

Feeling like an old women looking all this equipment either purchased or that I had from my first rtkr 2007 i guess smart never gave away all this time. To bad my. Ice machine wont be here till day after i get out. Heard so much about on sight and i didnt have one with first surgery. Already occasionally take sleep aide just because i have insomnia i suppose never fall asleep before midnight so prepared for it to be worse.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

Jan 26 surgery date not sure why nurse taking forever calling to give time.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

@newlife2lv
It was hard for me too, seeing all those items in my house, especially because of our ages.
I bought an ice machine also, really like it. You can put frozen ice bottles in it so you don't have to buy so much ice. But, I found with ice, it was colder. But, it's also more convenient with the bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back