2017 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bottomshollow

Former BoneSmart staff member
Country
United States United States
January marks many "new beginnings" and so it will be for those of you having joint replacement surgery this month!

You have hit the January Jackpot!!

january jackpot pic.jpg

If you're having surgery in January, please post here and join the group. It is so helpful to have the support of others who will go through the waiting for surgery and recovery along with you. Get to know each other and you may just end up with a new friend or two who can share your experiences.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!

las-vegas-1-jpg.34194

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 January 17 jaschembra, MaryD (her first)
17 January 17 Haley4
19 January 2017 DebM (bilateral)

I am excited there is now a January group because I am now getting closer to finally having my BTKR which is on January 19, 2017.
Due to health insurance regulations here in Australia I have had to wait 12 months and my life has shrunk hugely in that time, I have really had enough of the pain and restriction!

Last edited by a moderator:
jackpot 47.jpg
@DebM, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

...Here goes.. another committment: Hi! I'm having my LTKR on Jan. 3, 2017.
At some point, I would like to change my thread title to: New Year, New Knee! Thank you.

slots 2.jpg
@jaschembra, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

It's so good to know someone else is going on this journey with me. This site offers so much insight from people who have been there and knowledge is power. My surgery date is January 17,2017.
Because of all I've learned on here has helped me to make an informed decision. Looking forward to going through this with you

jackpot 57.jpg
@Haley4, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a Janaury Jackpot!

@Haley4 we are almost knee twins! It's will be interesting to go through it from a USA/Australia perspective. I am more excited that nervous at the moment.....but I am a big planner so already writing lists ha ha.

Hello i am a planner too, i have made so many list they have thier own folder. if i am correct your date is juat after mine. I'm not nervous yet but i think as the day gets closer i will probley go nuts.

Are you getting nervise about the up coming date ? do you have to take the class reguarding the surgery ? my class is on tuesday going to try and take notes..

jackpot 26.jpg
@MaryD, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Not really nervous yet. Probably after the Christmas rush has finished. We don't have classes here in Australia - this foru m is invaluable for me. We are a 'youngish' bunch so far:heehee:

@MaryD We truly are knee twins! Will yours be left or right? My first will be left. Hopefully right will follow summer 2017. Read some of the articles "how to" articles on the site and set up your pre-op "thread" Any questions you have can most likely be answered by these experienced Bonesmarties on the site.

@Haley4 Trying not to be. Trying to live in the "moment". I do find that when I wake up during the night I'm typically thinking about it. Although, I'm sure in about a month, I will begin to get nervous, so maybe Christmas will keep my mind busy. I have everything done on Dec. 13. Pre op exam, blood work, visit with PT, and class about TKR. I bet it gets really real on that date.

Hello. i'm having my left done january 17,2017. my pre-op tests are jan. 9,2017 the class is tomorrow morning. i don't have any questions at this point because i've read through many many pages on this site.

While I haven't had my RTKR yet (it is scheduled for December 6) my LTKR is now scheduled for January 23. Yikes!

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

I will have my surgery on Jan 11. TKR right knee. Just found this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back