2017 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me , I have my right TKR booked for the 10 th of February .
I am looking forward to having it done . ❤❤❤
I'm having my left knee done on the 13th. Sometimes I don't have much pain, but when I go to walk, even a short distance, I can barely get my legs to work and it feels like I'm getting whacked with a baseball bat. I'm looking forward to getting my life back! I put so many things on hold because I am unable to stand or walk for any length of time! Let's get this done!

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all February Valentines!

feb-1-jpg.28245

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 February 17 dlh
02 February 17 weasel52
07 February 17 Gugu22, anderly, LinKay (her first), Trike17
10 February 17 Marilynjoy, bridget60
13 February 17 Chauncy
14 February 17 dons, Sasha1, LinKay (her second)
20 February 17 debbyS
21 February 17 Momto3
22 February 17 Jle57 (bilateral), SweetDaisy, GingerP (her second)
23 February 17 bambina1
27 February 17 Flyingdiva
28 February 17 Becca (her second)

feb 81.jpg
@Flyingdiva, you have been officially added to the February surgery list! You are now officially a February Valentine!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

I'm scheduled for Rt Tkr on Feb 14. 2 miniscus repairs, 3 rounds of synvisc( the last one quite painful for 6 weeks) and I'm ready to get on with life. I'm looking forward to pain free golf, tennis and hiking this summer!
Hi Dons! I'm scheduled for my Left TKR the day before you, so we'll have to compare notes!
I've have two arthroscopies on that knee and one on my right, I can't remember how many injections I've had over the last 20 years, and my last synvisc injections were quite painful, too (both knees and another injection for a bone spur on my heel, same day).
I need to schedule my right TKR after I get healed up from this one, so don't know if I'll be doing much hiking this summer. I do have a couple road trips planned though!
Stay positive and healthy!

Hi everyone. I'm having a tkr on my right knee on February 14th. Just looking forward to getting it over with, I'm in lots of pain.
Sasha1,
I'm going in the day before you, so we'll both be spending Valentines Day in the hospital!
I agree, this pain stuff is for the birds!
Hopefully, we can compare notes and recoup together.
Stay strong and healthy!

I have a correction. Doctor's office called and moved my surgery up to the 22nd. Just one day, but that's fine. I'm ready. I can tell how bad the right knee is now that the left knee is 7 weeks out. Ready to be able to let the grinding and bad stuff go so both knees will be "good".

feb 76.jpg
@anderly, you have been officially added to the February surgery list! You are now officially a February Valentine!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

feb 40.jpg
@bambina1, you have been officially added to the February surgery list! You are now officially a February Valentine!

I will be having my right knee replaced on Feb 7 and the left knee on the 14th. A little nervous have been avoiding doing this but it's time..walking is becoming difficult. I teach yoga and am currently unable to teach..Right now I say let's get it done. Not looking forward to the pain that will come with this process but I will move through it.

feb 50.jpg
@LinKay, you have been officially added twice to the February surgery list! You are now officially a double February Valentine!

I will be having my right knee replaced on Feb 7 and the left knee on the 14th. A little nervous have been avoiding doing this but it's time..walking is becoming difficult. I teach yoga and am currently unable to teach..Right now I say let's get it done. Not looking forward to the pain that will come with this process but I will move through it.
LinKay,
I've been nervously avoiding doing this, too, but I'm with you, walking is difficult, so it's time. That's cool you are getting both done so close together so you can get all your rehab done at once!
Keep us posted!

Having my knee replaced Feb 7th. Very nervous about it. I'm overweight and have other issues (drop-foot) in the same leg due to disc issues in the lower spine. Worried about post-op pain and recovery.

feb 47.jpg
@Trike17, you have been officially added to the February surgery list! You are now officially a February Valentine!

Having my knee replaced Feb 7th. Very nervous about it. I'm overweight and have other issues (drop-foot) in the same leg due to disc issues in the lower spine. Worried about post-op pain and recovery.
Trike17, I can relate to your being nervous. Asking lots of questions about post-op PT may help ease some of your worries. I'm overweight, too, and have been told by a few people who are overweight and have had this procedure that it wasn't an issue. (Even though we know it would be much easier with less weight!)
I'll be thinking of you on the 7th - keep us updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker