2016 September Sapphires - Are you having knee surgery in September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires!

header-jpg.32155

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

08 September 16 Wagsalot (bilateral)
12 September 16 parrothead, Jean3600, Bonnie2
13 September 16 PegGar16 (revision), Eils, beachlvr (her first), Denise M
14 September 16 ACDCJen
16 September 16 womanhiker (bilateral)
21 September 16 SarUK
22 September 16 cmitch9999
26 September 16 FlaGranny (her second), zgard88 (his second)
27 September 16 birdinger

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will be a sapphire too! Just waiting to hear from my doctor for a date!

I'm ridiculously excited.

Jen

Hello everyone. I just joined this site today and have been reading like crazy! Lots of great info here. My RTK is scheduled for September 13th. I will have my LTK done in December.

sept 99.jpg
@beachlvr, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

First total knee replacement scheduled for September 13th, 2016. Left Knee A little nervous but so looking forward to the outcome and getting back to an active lifestyle. The workouts are so difficult right now. Best of luck to everyone else having surgery this month. Cheers!

sept 88.jpg
@Denise M, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

@Denise M... We have the same surgery date. I discussed this with pt yesterday. I come home afterwards and I can barely walk. She said its all part of getting the legs ready for surgery. Hope it makes our recovery easier. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

I am having TKR on my left knee Sept 12th. I found this site by accident, and have had so many questions answered! Thanks to all who have shared real life experience.

sept 71.jpg
@Jean3600, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Thanks for letting me join the group! I will tell you that I got a bit of a start when I saw the jewel assigned to my name...a butterfly. My mother always loved butterflies and had a huge jewelry collection of them. When I started writing children's stories the main characters were two little butterfly sisters. I think this is a very positive omen!

Hi going to have bilateral knee surgery Sept 8th! How do I join the September list?

Hi all new to site and trying to learn how to use. I'm having bilateral knee surgery on Sept 8th. Only 51 years old, so it is kind of depressing, arthritis and genetics are my knees problem. But looking forward to being able to walk without pain.

sept 92.jpg
@Wagsalot, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Newbie here. I am getting a double knee replacement on Sept. 16th, pretty scared...

sept 61.jpg
@womanhiker, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. Your fears will slowly disappear with all the great info and advice you'll be getting here.

My name is Bonnie. I am 72 years old and from Henderson, Nevada. I had hip surgery in 2010 and, although the hip is now great , the foot itself was been numb and felt swollen ever since the surgery date. I lost 90 pounds since then because I walked every morning and did the things I should have, but didn't do earlier in my life. But now I need a right knee replacement and have not done the daily walk since November. Although I haven't changed my eating habits I have gained nearly 20 pounds so I am looking forward to being able to walk again without pain. I have been afraid to have surgery again because I can only walk well with a cane and have been unable to drive and both of those things make me feel less independent. Last time I went home directly from the hospital and had to deal with unreliable home therapists and the like. This time I will go to a wonderful rehab facility and I am anxiously looking forward to it. The surgery date is September 12th, so please add my name.

sept 83.jpg
@ACDCJen, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

sept 65.jpg
@Bonnie2, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020