2016 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16.jpg
@Miss Muffet, you have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart surgery list thread. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here.
With two shiny new man made hips, there's going to be no stopping you.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

Hi, all! I am scheduled for my RTHA on 11/17; had the left replaced in April 2012, so have been down this road before. Chose to have surgery sooner this time, before the pain got too out of control. Looking forward to reconnecting with old friends and meeting new ones.

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all November Nimbles!

nov-background-jpg.33198

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 November 16 Gemini529, bluejeans (arthroscopy), pegggus (her first)
04 November 16 hamber
07 November 16 RSC
08 November 16 gullimac (his second), Lela22, Miss Muffet (her second)
17 November 16 Marymack (her second)
18 November 16 JMACCA (her first)
21 November 16 Tiffany57 (her second)
29 November 16 Medfordart (her second)
30 November 16 JMACCA (her second)

Nov 73.jpg
@Marymack, you have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

Count me in..... RTHR November 1st! Just actually writing this somewhat publicly has me even more
terrified! New to this site and I've been surfing around a bit and its helped ease some of the anxiety.
But at less than 2 weeks out..... yikes. Will be posting questions soon! Thanks in advance for the support!

Nov 26.jpg
@Gemini529, you have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

Preliminary booking for 21st November for LTHR ....I stepped on a nail 2 weeks ago (ouch!) and have a check-up tomorrow, to see if all is well to proceed.
Tomorrow is the anniversary of my RTHR, too!

Nov 14.jpg

@bluejeans, you have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

Nov 74.jpg

@Tiffany57, you have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

Hello, my hip replacement is scheduled for Nov 8th. I'm very nervous. My hip is bone on bone but I am not in too much pain I am not taking anything, just exercise. I am thinking to postpone my surgery because of my age, any suggestions ?

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Nov 7.jpg
@Monika66, you have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

Hi! Scheduled for a left hip November 2, right sometime shortly thereafter depending on recovery. I must have joined this forun before (I already had an account) but I've never posted. Now I'm ten days out and the reality is hitting me. Yikes!

Nov 48.jpg
@pegggus, you have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

Hello, my hip replacement is scheduled for Nov 8th. I'm very nervous. My hip is bone on bone but I am not in too much pain I am not taking anything, just exercise. I am thinking to postpone my surgery because of my age, any suggestions ?

I would strongly suggest starting a new thread to ask about this, since your question might tend to be overlooked here. For me, it would mostly come down to functionality - whether or not you can do what you want and need to do, such as tying your shoes, walking reasonable distances at a reasonable pace, etc. I was never in much pain either, but over the last few months my ROM has come to really restrict my life.

Nov 64.jpg
@hamber, you have been officially added to the November surgery list! You are now officially a November Nimble!

I just postponed my surgery, my knees started hurting and I wanted a second opinion. I think it's going to be in January 2017

Hi, all! New to the forum! Getting my LTHR on 11/7! Glad to have some fellow hippies to commiserate with! :happydance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562