2016 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
bottomshollow

bottomshollow

Former BoneSmart staff member
Country
United States United States
sparklers 19.jpg
@MommaCatt, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

OP
OP
bottomshollow

bottomshollow

Country
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!

july-sparklers-jpg.31286

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

05 July 16 hopefulm (her second)
06 July 16 Chihuahuan, Royal1383
07 July 16 wub
08 July 16 1bamagirl1
12 July 16 MommaCatt
13 July 16 dandy candi (her second)
15 July 16 belweav
18 July 16 DizzyBlond, Chihuahuan
19 July 16 Big Sky 1
20 July 16 GadgetGurl
21 July 16 shireena
27 July 16 WendyP648
28 July 16 Nana2-8

OP
OP
bottomshollow

bottomshollow

Country
july sparklers 8.jpg
@WendyP648, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

OP
OP
bottomshollow

bottomshollow

Country
@WendyP648, just scroll up this page and you will see the list. When a new page starts, the list is copied to the new page---but the most current list will always be on the last page in this thread.

shireena

Country
I am scheduled for bilateral hip replacement, anterior approach on July 21. I insisted that I had to be first in the morning and will start around 8am. I have prepared by exercising every day in the pool, and on the treadmill for 30 min each day. I also am preparing by listening to hypnosis meditation for surgical preparation. I am a scientist with a Ph.D. in Medical Physiology and have also been watching the actual surgery on Youtube. I am planning not to have sedation, to avoid having additional chemicals/drugs in my body. I have also gotten a genetic screen for opiate medications and have identified the ones that give me problems because of my genetic metabolism (I have had problems in the past with percocet and tramadol in the past). The doctor has agreed to give me opiates that I can metabolize normally based upon the genetic screening. Since I am well prepared I do not feel a lot of nervousness, however I realize that it is a very complex process and many things could go wrong. I try to focus on the positive outcome, and try to live each moment as it comes.

OP
OP
bottomshollow

bottomshollow

Country
sparklers 14.jpg
@shireena, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

lizzicat

Country
Congrats July sparklers! [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics