2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I am guarding the rear with a left tkr scheduled on August 30 in MI. Best wishes to all of us! Been reading this for a couple weeks, and got a lot of good info.

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all August Hot Shots!

aug-logo-1-jpg.51181

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 August 16 Reanna27, maseko
02 August 16 April Hill (her first)
03 August 16 JustmeT (patellar resurfacing)
05 August 16 Aunty T
08 August 16 Doggiemom
11 August 16 thecoll (her first), Annie11 (her second)
15 August 16 FlaGranny
17 August 16 dianehelen, Sipzener
24 August 16 karena71, Deeann (her second)
25 August 16 pizzadog
30 August 16 greatlakes

aug 28.png
@greatlakes, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

I'm officially joining this thread. Hi all. :SUNsmile: My surgery is scheduled for August 15. My major fear (living in south Florida) is that a hurricane will show up either on the day I'm scheduled or soon thereafter and I would have to evacuate.

I have a second surgery coming up after that for the other knee, probably in October. I can't wait to get this over with as I'm more crippled every day.

I'm ready and I know the pain of surgery will eventually pass.

June

aug 16.jpg
@FlaGranny, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

@pizzadog
You're young and will do fine!! No worries. I had my first knee done in April (51 yrs old) and it wasn't that bad honestly. Going for 2nd knee in August.

Please add me for August 11th - :wave:

Going in for right knee - had left TKR on April 11th

melt 1.jpg
@Annie11, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here for your second replacement. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

With two new man-made knees there will be no stopping you!!!! Way to Go!

Wishing everyone all the best as you prepare for surgery - I continue to be frustrated and go back and forth between doing the surgery or not and holding out another year - anyways nothing conclusive here [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Due Right TKR 24th August take two hope this recovery is easier.

Hi, I'm having my left total knee replacement August 1st, I suffer for years both knees are bone on bone I have RA and struggle to and from work where I can't do it no more, I juice and eat so healthy thinking I can heal myself but it's not happening so after over 10 years of pain i'm going to have it done. my surgery will be done in
Medical Center · (718) 470-7000. 270-05 ... 450 Lakeville Road
Long Island Jewish Medical Center

melt  20.jpg
@Deeann, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here again for your second knee replacement. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

Scheduled for left TKR, and possibly bilateral, on August 1 in Pretoria, South Africa.

melt 22.jpg
@maseko, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

I'm scheduled to have partial knee replacement, possibly total, on August 17.

@zammie24 I've had pain for 2 years and am wondering if this is the right thing to do now. I know there is no other definitive treatment to fix it for good, but do wonder if I could continue on a little longer with the discomfort. Wishing you the best as you decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
007Knee
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom