2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bottomshollow

Former BoneSmart staff member
Country
United States United States
ai39-photobucket-com_albums_e195_primrosesue_smileys_hot_smiley_black-png.47563

Hello to all our August Hot Shots!!! This is the place to join your fellow surgery-mates and chill out as you count down the days until your new joint arrives.

We welcome you to join the group and get to know your fellow BoneSmarties who will be getting new joints this month. We've found that it helps to have a group of folks who are going through surgery do it as a team....helping and supporting each other.

So let's get this party started!!!

Welcome to our latest and all August Hot Shots!

aug logo 1.jpg

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

05 August 16 Aunty T
04 August 16 sinclac57
08 August 16 Doggiemom
17 August 16 dianehelen

Yay, ME ME , Im part of a club now :)

My surgery is scheduled for August 17 2016

It will be at Orlando Regional Medical Center in Orlando, and here is my wonderful, skilled and adorable surgeon.

http://www.orlandohealth.com/physician-finder/george-john-haidukewych-md?hcmacid=a0bi000000HyCQ3AAN

I am both eager to get to the other side, but also so very scared and terrified, keep remembering the nightmare with my hip, but hoping for a less nightmare scenario.
At this point I really need to try to get some quality of life back, even if it takes terrible, miserable pain and suffering for months to get there. At this point, the pain I live with daily, is only getting worse.

So... who ELSE is gonna be an August Hot Shot? Cant wait to meet my other hot shots :)
'

@bottomshollow should I start a fresh thread for my fresh start with this after my ongoing saga finding a surgeon? I have a rather long one with my questions and concerns, and my quest thru 4 doctors to get to this point.

cooling off 1.jpg
@dianehelen, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

Hi all I guess I am tentatively part of this groupmy surgery is "penciled in" for August 15,2016. Meeting with surgeon in mid July again to talk about everything - still very nervous about it but my knee is screaming at me lately!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

@zammie24 best of luck to you as well. My fellow nassau cty friend. Well I have not lived there for many years, but lived in Plainview when I did. I sure know that feeling of knees screaming at you. I look forward to sharing our August journey.

Ugghhhhh skipped Celebrex yesterday and today have a swollen unstable knee[emoji37][emoji37]swelling goes up to mid thigh- I'm still not 100% sure about surgery but days like this make it sound like I need to do this [emoji21]ok sorry for rant- hope everyone's well![emoji106]

@zammie24 I totally understand your hesitancy in doing this, its a big darn deal. I have waited too long myself, and it has just limited my entire life. As scared as I am, Im just as scared of living out my years as a home bound cripple. I hope you find clarity in making your decision. We can be TKR suffer buddies :)

Thank you @dianehelen! I'll get there I guess! Lol what surgeon is doing your surgery?

Never mind ! Just saw your original post @diamehelen

Bilateral knee replacement surgery scheduled for August 8. Scared but looking forward to new knees.

chilling 2.jpg
@Doggiemom, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

Welcome to the ummm "party"? :) Doggiemom. I too am terrified, but also terrified to continue living in this pain for much longer. Love your doggie pic :), I am also a doggie mom, 2 big 80 pound Golden Retrievers, hoping they will understand why they cant jump into my lap when I am home recovering.

May our journeys go as well as can be expected and we get to see past the horizon of pain, into a new life!

Thats what I'm looking forward to dianehelen, a new life with new knees. I've been dealing with these painful knees for so long I don't know if I'll be able to walk normal or keep on hobbling along. I'm ready for quality back to my life and I know you are too. It's so great there are other people going through the same thing helping each other to be brave enough to get to the other side and once we get there, to be there for support and advice. I know God will see us through this challenge.

melt 22.jpg
@sinclac57, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Hi folks! I've moved here from the June Sunbeams after re-scheduling my right TKR to 3rd August. Glad of the reprieve as I too am petrified of the surgery - will be my 4th op on this knee (1st at 18), but by far the scariest! The postponement was for other reasons though, not just me bottling out :ok:

fan 2.jpg
@AuntyT, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker