2015 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Staff member since Feb, 2009
Senior Administrator
Country
United States United States
aimages_partners_tbn_google_com_images_796323cb502dc63e88bcf67a194ebb74._.jpg

Welcome July Sparklers....all those who are getting a new knee joint (or both knees) in the month of July!

Join our team and enjoy the company of other folks who will be going through surgery and recovery right with you. The team approach really helps because you can support each other through similar experiences.

So post here and officially begin to develop that sparkling new personality....the one that smiles a lot because arthritis pain is gonna be GONE!!

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!

July sparklers.jpg

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 July 15 jbrooklyn (bilateral)
10 July 15 Deeann
13 July 15 Rob 68
16 July 15 iivesfam5
23 July 15 Majic (her second)
27 July 15 Cindy knits

• Agree
Reactions: MPB
July 13, but not on a Friday. Lot of prep stuff to do, plus some medical odds and ends to take care of, but it'll be here before we know it.

Hello-
I'm slated for BTKR July 1. I'm a single mom of an 11-year-old and we have a dog, so it will not be easy to have me down for the count . . . but I know it will be worth it. Will be relying on this community for courage and knowledge. Thank you.

july sparklers 7.jpg
@jbrooklyn, you have been officially added to the July surgery list!

I'm sure your 11 year old will be a great help to you during recovery and even your dog will realize something new is going on.

I have had my official confirmation today that my RTKR will be 23rd July. I am retired with a husband and dog. As my left knee wAs last November and my husband looked after me, I don't think he will be looking forward to it, especially as things went wrong last time and I spent 10 days in hospital and had had my leg immobilised in a splint for almost another week.

sparklers 20.jpg
@Majic, you have been officially added to the July surgery list!

Let's hope second time is the charm and that knee #2 behaves beautifully for you. No two knees are alike or recover alike, so you may have a nice surprise with this one.

Our group is growing. Our knees will heal together. Looking forward to sharing this experience with all of you.

july sparklers 8.jpg
@iivesfam5, you have been officially added to the July surgery list!

Consider yourself a member in full standing of the group!!!!

I am so ready to be pain free. I am not in a lot of pain unless I am walking or especially standing. When I am sitting at my desk at work or relaxing at home - I am fine. I have to keep reminding myself by exercising that oh ya that is why I am doing this. I am married and have my husband who will take my first week off and my grown children are taking turns the following week. We are getting all the stuff ready that I need and I hope I am ready for the recovery. I am pretty strong and pretty determined so I hope things move along so I can begin to work from home while I am icing and recovering. I am an accountant and luckily my company is fine with me working from home as much as I need to. Come on July 16 - can't wait to be on the other side!!!

please add me to the July list left TKR 10th July.

I'm having a revision on my right, 6/22 and TKR on my left, 7/27! What a summer!!!

sparklers 20.jpg
@Cindy knits, you have been officially added to the July surgery list!

You certainly are going to have a summer full of knees :heehee:!

Got a bunch of stuff this week - the hand held shower, the shower seat, non slip mat for the tub, raised toilet seat. I decided to order a wedge pillow and a long handled reacher which will be so helpful since I am vertically challenged anyway at 5'0' - I know I could use a stack of pillows but I don't have that many and I may want them to for other comfort reasons..... Still contemplating on the ice machine..... That is pretty expensive but I have a bunch of questions for the surgeon and I will ask about this...... I saw in my paperwork that the icing they said 30 min 2-3 times a day - that just doesn't seem long enough after reading everyone else's experiences. Maybe that is a minimum requirement...... I will ask..... besides that just anticipating everything..... trying to find some coverage at work so I can get a few weeks..... Asked the HR department about short term disability want to get that all set up.... just so much to think about..... How is everyone else doing?? 7/16 can't come soon enough for me.

@iivesfam5 I wouldn't bother about an ice machine. I haven't heard about them in the UK, I have coped pretty well with bags of frozen peas, which drape nicely round your knee, however you need them to. I had my LTKR in November, R TKR 23rd July so I shall be a week behind you.
Jackie

@Majic I have heard so many good things about that ice machine especially for those BTKR folks. People swear by them for the night time. I am going to call my OS today and ask about it. I want to make sure that they feel it is a good thing before I decided to break the bank. I really want to get myself healed as quick as I can so I can get back to work. I am an accountant and responsible for monthly financial statements. I am doing this surgery at the perfect time - mid-month. But come August 1 I am going to be needing to get a few things done - I don't expect to do it as quickly as I am but I do need to get things accomplished as I am the only person who does what I do. I really can't wait and I plan to have a GREAT recovery - I am not so clueless though and know to be fully recovered it will take a whole year. I just can't wait to be heading in the right direction!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft