2014 September Sapphires - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Staff member since Feb, 2009
Senior Administrator
Country
United States United States
aimages_partners_tbn_google_com_images_9e069a7a404020cde9657dd7588f9ed0._.jpg

Welcome to our September surgery team....the September Sapphires. Like the precious gems you all are, you're going to be marking the changing seasons with a big change in your life.

So join together for support and look ahead to those wonderful new days with your new joints - pain free and happy!!! Post your surgery dates here and use this thread to make some new friends and surgery buddies.

Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires!

Header.jpg

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

05 September 14 @Shmi47 (bilateral)
08 September 14 @MotownGirl66
15 September 14 @Daisey
19 September 14 @Celle (her second)
22 September 14 @Yorkimom

sept 4.jpg
@Shmi47, you have been officially added to the September surgery list!

(Let me know when you are sure of the date.)

Up side it is all paid for. The down side is that I have to travel almost 8 hours to get it and stay for 2 weeks. My daughter is going with me as my husband is semi retired and only works part time .. no worky no pay.

@bottomshollow
Judy, please add me to the list.

I will be having a left TKR on September 19th. Date to be confirmed on August 25. I'll let you know if the date is changed.

Hi guys. Waiting for my TKR date - should be end September. Not too worried about the op - what's the worse that can happen! My only concern is the time it will take to get back to work - only getting 4 weeks full sick pay. Got a fairly physical job so presume it will be longer than if a desk jockey. Strange thing is the old creaky left knee has felt a lot better recently - he knows he is on the way out!

Good luck to everyone with their ops.

I stand on my feet for a full 8 hours a day at work . I also lift 40 and 50 lbs buckets of icing and glaze frequently. At my first consult they told me 8 weeks to get back to work . I need both knees replaced ... one at a time. Not sure when I will be able to do the 2nd or rather Left knee . I will be on disablity which means 2 weeks without pay and then only 50% ..... I am a little worried about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member