2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Staff member since Feb, 2009
Senior Administrator
Country
United States United States
aimages_partners_tbn_google_com_images_796323cb502dc63e88bcf67a194ebb74._.jpg

Welcome July Sparklers....all those who are getting a new knee joint in the month of July!

Join our team and enjoy the company of other folks who will be going through surgery and recovery right with you. The team approach really helps because you can support each other through similar experiences.

So post here and officially begin to develop that sparkling new personality....the one that smiles a lot because arthritis pain is gonna be GONE!!

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!

July sparklers.jpg

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 July13 @wnygal
03 July 14 @71Beetle (her second)
07 July 14 @knees (her first)

08 July 14 @Roselover
14 July 14 @Monah, @Betsy-Knees-7-2014
23 July 14 @Racey60
24 July 14 @Crow22
28 July 14 @samatney, @meechmom

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
I'm having my right knee replaced July 7th. This will be my second TKR. My left knee was done in October. :)

On January 31, 2014 I had a bilateral TKR. I talked my GP into prescribing Physical Therapy two months prior to the surgery. It was the best thing I could have done prior to surgery. It is unbelievable how much strength is lost immediately after surgery. I lost over 75%. The stronger you are prior to surgery, the better off you are after. Remember you can't hurt your knees, they will be replaced. Work as hard as you can to develop your strength and range of motion. I am back to work four weeks ago, driving six weeks ago, and stopped pain medication four weeks after surgery except for tylinol pm before bed.

Welcome all to the forum family!!!

Ask any question that you want, or pose any concern that yo may have, any worry, or any venting---we will be here to help you all throughout the entire process!

RTKR on Bastille Day, July 14 - - - if I don't weasel out til after the summer heat in Arizona.....

I will have my first total knee replacement on my right knee on July 2. I'm glad to have found this site.

Hi everyone, I'm having surgery July24th. Right now it's just for my left, but I will be talking to the surgeon on June 3rd to talk about doing a BLKR. I'm so grateful for this web site.

firecracker 33.jpg
@Crow22, you have been officially added to the July surgrey list!

If you do end up doing a bilateral, let me know and I will note it on the list.

Left knee for me on July 28!! Woo Hoo!!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties