TKR 2 weeks post op pain and stiffness^

Never tell me this surprised you.

And if you should need another replacement, please let me know first. There is no need for you to go private and there are a number of knee surgeons who will do surgery in the young adult.

@Josephine I really didn’t. As I didn’t have any left knee pain previously and the right was due to an old injury, I wasn’t sure what the pain was in my left knee.

I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow and hopefully get a plan in place. Currently back on crutches and finding it really painful and difficult to walk.

Thanks for replying Josephine, it’s very much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's amazing how our bodies can fool us. My left knee was fine for 17 yrs until March of 2018. One day a piece of articular cartilage broke loose from atop my tibia. It happened at the 3 minute point on an elliptical at light resistance and the resulting hole was the size of a half dollar (surgery was just weeks later). It was sticking in the joint, so we had to do surgery.

Imagine my surprise when I woke up from microfracture surgery to learn the extent of OA in that knee. It might last another 2 yrs if I'm lucky, as it's <this close> to bone on bone in all compartments. I didn't think it was that bad because my right knee was 10X worse.

My TKR surgeon did his own xrays 3 months after that surgery and said he'd actually recommend replacing it within 1-2 yrs unless I want to create more problems. I waited YEARS too long on the right knee and refuse to do so with the other.

Did your click ever disappear or have you just learnt to live with it ?
If so how did you get rid of it please as it annoys the hell out of me ha ha

The clicking is very annoying. I had RTKR in March. But I have found if I drink a lot of water it's not as bad. I can tell if I don't drink water. It's even worse.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom