THR 2 weeks out for LHR 8/30

Slamjamm

Country
United States United States
I just had pre-opt blood work done, getting ready for THR on left hip on 8/30. Had RH done 4/26, so it will be about 4 months apart. I am ready to be able rehab both hips and get moving even more. Right is pretty good, but looking forward to a quiker recovery for LH due to it not being as bad as RH b4 surgery.

Woohoo! just think how good you'll be moving around and feeling by the holidays.:banana-santa:
Not long now to double hippy status.
Best wishes for your comfort as you wait!
@Slamjamm

Just keep your expectations realistic as each hip is unique in its recovery. We hope this one goes smoother and quicker but it could still lag behind what you're hoping for. Only time will tell and that's not very far off now. Blessings for a smooth surgery and a good recovery.

Best Wishes today @Slamjamm
You'll be a double hippy soon with two shiny new hips.
Hope to hear from you once you're back home in your recovery nest. Will look forward to following your ongoing healing journey. :)

Sending healing mojo in advance @Slamjamm :friends:

Left THR completed 9/13. After being delayed from 8/30 due to power outages in the area including the hospital. Doing well and progressing 10 days post-surgery on left hip. Was a little apprehensive about right hip , but it is responding well also. Some differences from LTHR compared to RTHR in April.
LTHR Pain was unbearable with any weight for first 2 days compared to being able to walk with minimal pain after first hip. Recovery by 5th day a lot faster this time, meaning I could walk and sleep with tolerable pain. A lot more bruising and swelling in the upper thigh this time, compared to swelling in the whole leg and hardly any bruising the first time. Overall recovery seems to be a little better with a small setback with extra pain on Monday and Tuesday 7 and 8 days after surgery, that quickly recovered by evening of Tuesday. In home PT is saying I am well into recovery and says hips are aligned well and since I already went through the process a few months ago sees very positive signs. I see Dr for 2 week follow up on 9/21 and expect I will be ready for outpatient PT at that time.

Slamjamm's updates after his latest THR can be found is his recovery thread HERE
Thanks for stopping by. :wave:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics