Hip Infection* 2 stage revision with osteotomy

Thanks girls @Layla @Mojo333

It’s been going really well. I’m down to one crutch and building my strength up. It feels great to be able to do things around the house and get out for walks.
The only thing is at the moment half of my incision site is feeling really hot, tender and looking red. I’m just trying to work out what to do about it now.

You should go to see your OS if the incision is red, hot and tender. It’s better to be safe than sorry. If you can’t get into the OS can you get a picture of the area to send to him so that he can give you his opinion?

Oh my stars... @Aura Gypsy I'm sure that makes you anxious...and I know you will let your medical team know about your concern.
Does need to be addressed immediately but hopefully this is not a serious issue.
Please let us know what they say ..
:friends:

Hello @Aura Gypsy
It’s been two months since the second stage of your revision. I hope all is well and you’re enjoying steady progress. Hopefully your concerns with your incision have passed and it’s healing as it should. If you have time to update, we’d love to hear from you.
Wishing you only the best!

Yes, thinking of you also @Aura Gypsy
Hope you are healing and hopeful.:friends:

Thank you @newlybionic, @Creampuff, @Mojo333 and @Layla,

All is going really well ...... I’m just about off my one crutch/walking stick. It’s been slow and steady and I feel the strength building day by day.
I did have a little infection or something that came and went, but it resolved on its own.

Thank you for all your support.

X

:loveshwr:Good to hear that you are feeling stronger...I know it's been a tough journey.
Wishing you a great day.

Hello :wave:
Great news, happy to hear it! Thanks for taking the time to let us know how you’re doing.
I hope you have a nice weekend.
Good wishes always!
@Aura Gypsy

Happy Four Month Anniversary!
Hoping you continue to do well and you’re enjoy steady progress. The beginning of a new year will be here soon and I know I’m in good company in wanting to turn the page on 2020. By January you’ll be feeling even stronger and ready to enjoy all the blessings the new year will bring. All the best to you!
@Aura Gypsy

:hi: @Aura Gypsy
I see you are getting Righty replaced the end of this month....and its only a few days before you hit one year date from last stage revision.
Would love to know how problem child Lefty has been this past year?
You can start another pre-op for Lefty or Keep all recoveries here.
This one must Behave from the Beginning!
You know we are rooting for you.:friends:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom