TKR 2 new knees, 3 months apart oy vey

@Rockgirl4 I think we may be related. lol My husband's family is all in the Joplin/Carthage area of MO.
I also completely agree with you about the weather in Houston. The nicest thing I can think of to say about the summer weather in VA is that its just like Texas, but only 4 months instead of 9. Bleh. Not a fan of summer.

It's almost impossible to find ranch style homes around the DC area. The housing density favors townhomes, which means way too many stairs. Been there, done that. Now we're in a rental that is technically 3 stories but the basement is fitted out as a separate rental. I can't wait until I don't have to do extensive planning for the day, I can just go up and down the stairs as needed!

Congratulations on the 10 weeks milestone @winemama! :yahoo:

Knees are stiff today, what is surprising me, is that the 5.5 months out ( her name is Tiffaknee, Tiff for short) is the one that is the stiffest, no pain, just slightly swollen and stiff. She got 1.5 hour of ice last night. These knees are like teenage daughters, you never know what you’re going to get in the morning :dubious:

My knee nickname is Murphy, like in Murphy's Law, ("If anything can go wrong with my knee, it will") :oyvey:Oy vey

I can't wait to go dancing, again. I used to cut a mean rug when I was younger, now I'm too old to bust a move I might trip over my Walker:loll:

Congratulations on your 10th week, keep up the great work.

Passed up going to hear music tonight. My wife is still in a boot, and she was hurting a bit. What a pair we are. So tv and icing tonight

@winemama You know, sometimes you just have to throw in the towel and admit a night at home sounds quiet and refreshing. We are doing mostly nothing this weekend for the same reasons. :)

@Rockgirl4 I agree, staying home was the right thing, but here in Ohio, it seems like we get 14 weeks of summer, and boom, fall is here , and then 6 months of winter. Everyone wants to go out as much as they can. I got 4 hours of icing in, and a bunch of tv recorded shows done. Music tomorrow

@winemama I totally get it. I feel like I lost half of last summer because of my Microfracture surgery on the left knee, then half of this summer because of this TKR. I just want a full summer to relax with my son while he's out of school, go on vacation, take care of my own flowers from April to October, and just BE!!!! :dancy: We're hoping next summer it will finally happen.:fingersx:

I can see it being even harder when you're trying to soak up as much warmth and sunshine as possible in a short time. We don't have that problem any more here in St. Louis. It seems like the summer heats arrives in mid-May and lasts until November now. This is the first spring in 5 yrs we didn't skip right over actually feeling/acting like a spring. :) Now if only we could dry out. I think we've already broken the rainfall records from the Flood of 1993.

A new day, and my 5.5 month TKR, (Tiff) seems more swollen then usual, not sure why, no pain, stiff yes. She got elevated and iced yesterday, and we layed low all day yesterday. Could she still be upset about sound steps??
Any ideas about this diva??

It’s still not quite halfway done healing. Cut it some slack. The knees do tend to over dramatize things, mine still does.

Mine's making its opinion felt loud and clear today and I'm sitting up and taking notice. Ice baby ice.

What a beautiful day for music here in Ohio. The music was New Orleans zydeco, no dancing, but a lot of toe tapping, and chair dancing. Nothing going on tomorrow, so icing is in the schedule

Well it is a new day, let’s see what surprises the knees have for me today. So far so good ( I’m writing this in bed, haven’t gotten up yet )

Today wasn’t bad, I have PT tomorrow, and I think I’m going to say good-bye, it’s been real.

PT went well, practiced on the steps., was able to go down holding the railing gently, and the last 5 steps no rail went up with out a rail. Felt really weird walking down, as I haven’t walked step over step in years, I have a odd feeling of falling forward, that will go away in time
After some stretches I got 108 ROM, I still have swelling behind my knee, so it will be awhile

The steps in my home are 8”, they are carpeted, which is rough. I have been sleeping in the guest room, and I would love to get back into my king size bed with my wife, but it looks like 2-3 weeks more of practice walking the steps, damn, that 1” is a killer

Mine are wooden with no give and that 8" rise. They turn, there are 17 steps in all. I try to do one set properly and the other the lame way. Sometimes both the lame way because I feel uninspired and I can do it much faster. Keep thinking it's going to come naturally at some point and I'll wonder why I fretted about it.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Raithtaxi
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom