19 days out-Crappy Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalton,

I am very glad you posted that. My son would be proud that you knocked things over!!!
It makes me feel more normal when things wear me out and I take the pain meds. Or take a4 hour nap, or both.
Judy

Donna,
I get the same effect with crutches. When my pt wanted me to use a cane, I told her I will at home, but I don't feel like it is enough protection out in the world. I have that fear of falling as I am a natural klutz.

I am still going to use the crutches when out in public.

Dalton,
I too want to tell people that I had a hip replacement. I think when they look at me on crutches and can't really see anything wrong, they must think it is something very minor.

Judy

Judy,
I know exactly that feeling! You feel like people think your a scam artist or something because I don't need them to walk - I need them to walk any distance without having to double my pain meds later. But I can walk without them.
Dalton, there were people you probably didn't see that were most likely amused by your flunking the obstacle course. ;) And there were probably some that were desperate to get to their cars before you were behind the wheel of yours. ;)

My wise old grandmother used to say as you get older things get funnier.

donna

Hi Donna,
It was most obvious and my kids told me I looked like a big faker last summer when I had cervical fusion surgery and was walking around in a soft collar. I looked like someone trying to scam an insurance company for whiplash!!!
If they only knew.
Now I want to wear a sign saying new hip replacement. I had thought about a t-shirt but so far have not come up with a catchy phrase. I need to put my 15 year old on it. He is pretty funny.

Judy

Judy,

How about a shirt that reads:

"CAUTION: BIONIC WOMAN (OR MAN)
PROUD RECIPIENT OF A NEW TITANIUM HIP!
KEEP BACK 50 FEET!​

LOL!
~D.

Thanks Judy... or maybe...

WARNING!
NOT A TERRORIST, BUT...
THIS PERSON MAY SET OFF
METAL DETECTORS!​

or...

CAUTION!
THIS PERSON HAS A BRAND NEW HIP! (OR KNEE)
AND THEY'RE STILL LEARNING TO USE IT,
THEREFORE, BEARER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE
FOR FENDER BENDERS!​

LOL! (Can you tell I'm a little bored...???)

~Dalton

Those are funny, Dalton! I'm planning on pulling out my hip replacement i.d. card at the airport so I can pre-board on Friday. I'm sure I don't NEED to pre-board, but I wouldn't want to get knocked into, right????
Bridget

Keep them coming Dalton

I forgot to ask my son. I am impressed that your brain works so well on pain meds.
I had a young man come to the door this evening. Domocratic party. I was signing something for him and I had no idea of my house #. I was dumb enough to state that out loud. He looked at my mailbox and stated it. It really did not sound right to me. Then of course I had no idea what my street was.
I did know my town and zip though!!!

Judy

Hey Bridget,

Groggy. Napped for a couple hours, now awake again. (Sort of...)
What a dang shame that you even have to tell Airport Security you're not a terrorist, and have a dern CARD! So sad... All of our Worlds' changed since 9-11. I used to be Airborne, but haven't flown in years... Don't really care to, either. I'd rather jump out of an airplane, than ride in one! I know it's the safest form of travel, but 'giving up control, etc.' Guess it's a 'control' thing... More power to ya.

Judy,

Don't feel bad Doll, I do the same thing almost every day. Every day is like a blur... all I do is sit in my recliner, do a bit of PT here and there, channel surf, poke out a few keys on my laptop, cat-nap here and there, and wait until the next outing. It's amazing I can keep up with the very few responsibilities I have, like making it to my next PT outpatient setting... AND, it's hard to keep track of the days... I had to ask my Wife what day it was today!
By the way, thanks for the compliment. We aim to please, and your positive feedback(s) are most treasured!

~Dalton

Bridget
I think you should just show them your scar!!!!! Also print up a t-shirt that Dalton came up with.

Hey Dalton
Our life styles are similar. By 1 or 2 I am ready for a nap and head upstairs. My 13 year old starts bugging me to take a nap around 12. She wants the recliner!!!

I haven't got anyone to bring me anywhere this week. Getting a little crazy. I can only keep track of the days due to my pt coming on Tue/Thur.

How did outpatient pt go yesterday?
Judy

How did outpatient pt go yesterday?
Judy

Well, I kinda dropped the ball, and overslept. It was scheduled for 10:30am, and I woke up and it was 11:15, so I called the PT Office and apologized. I'm not scheduled to go again until Monday the 7th @ 3:30 pm, and will continue Wednesday the 9th, and Friday the 11th. I think I can get my butt up by then! Likewise, I'm doing basic exercises on my own, so I am getting PT here too...

~D.

I know about the sleep thing. My pt had been coming at 10:30, which half the time I had not showered yet. This week it was 12, much more manageable for me.

I have some other apt.'s scheduled in a few weeks at 10am, I don't know what I was thinking!!
I am on my own now for pt for 2 weeks, then I'll see what the doc says from there.
I just had my teenagers fighting and I couldn't chase them!!! My 15 year old poured soda on my 13 year old's head. She wants me to ground him for a week. I think that is way too severe, and who wants the 2 of them in the house at the same time unless they are sound asleep!!
Now it feels like summer vacation!!

Judy

I just wish I had yall in the early days of my operation. Now that I am almost 41/2 months post-op you bring back so many memories....
But, Judy it just gets worse. Remember when I told you, the better you get the worse they get. Right now, I am sitting here on this computer for a release from all the stress and I see **** everywhere.... No one is cleaning the kitchen anymore, laundry....oh what a joke and bathrooms...How do you clean that? I know....many opinions out there....GO BEAT THEM...or get a grip....easier said than done...It is called LAZY and I know we let them get that way....Can you tell I am a little stressed right now..
Thank goodness, the two oldest have left with their buddies to the Lake for the weekend...YEA as I SAY....
The more we try to HEAL, the more they test you.....I think I need a glass of Merlot....LOL...Headed to do more laundry....Patty

Judy,

Can't say "I know what you mean...", Jess and I don't have any kids, and this is the first (and last!) marriage for both of us. Kind of a blessing in a way, I guess, it just hasn't happened, (yet?). We do have a bunch of pets that need attending to daily, but not too bad. 2 cats, a Boxer, a snake, and a tarantula.

Patty,

I DO "know what you mean", about the house cleaning though... Usually Jess and I share the responsibilities, but I haven't been able to do much of anything, and Jess has been forced to work a bunch of extra hours because of other Deputies off, short handed, some mandatory classes, etc. and she's plain tuckered out when she gets a day off. Usually she just tends to me a bit, and catches up on sleep, so our house is getting "less than presentable" right now... Oh well, in another couple weeks I should be able to participate in housecleaning a bit more...

~D.

Hey Patty,
When my pt was here and we went upstairs today , she had me walk without any aids to see how I am doing. Well, I ended up in the kids bathroom which I have not gone in for 3 weeks!!!
i think I screamed a little. Would have been a lot , but pt was here. She even asked if I was ok.
Yes, they are lazy. When something falls it stays. I used my reacher a little while ago to pick up a fork in the middle of the living room.
When the nurse came for her first visit and wanted to know where the trash was, I told her to just drop it on the floor like everyone else does!!
Surprised they didn't take my drugs away.

But yes I did create them in more than one way. Spending so many years being superwomen, and of course actually contributing to create them

Judy

If airport security gives me any problems tomorrow or they won't let me pre-board, I'm droppin my pants! OK, I'm going to bed now...early morning, long day tomorrow! I'll catch up in a week! Happy 4th to everyone! Don't let your kids burn your house down, as my husband almost did ours the other night!!
Bridget

Yes, I will be like Bridget next Thursday for my almost 5 month check-up. The mood I am in....DARE they give me any problems at the airport or I will do as Bridget said....Just drop em....lol....Would that not cause a scene....
Anyway, the two boys made it to the lake o.k. and one is lifeguarding for the club pool, little miss princess is still asleep at 11:30 and I am planning on laundry all day.
We have a ban on fireworks this year because it has been so dry in West Texas so my husband said they will probably not have that many at the 4th party at the club. That still means 3 or 4 hundred will still show....Why not, free burgers and hotdogs....
Talk to yall later.....Patty

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mtcwp
Recent bookmarks
Back