THR 16 days post RTHR, finally feeling back in the real world

I had an interior approach and was told crossing my feet was fine but crossing my foot on top of the opposite knee should be avoided for life. At almost 6 weeks you shouldn't have a problem with crossed feet.

Most definitely. I am a few weeks ahead 2/10 LTKR. it will get better. Nerves and muscles are all beginning to awake and fire up again. Stick to pain meds, ice, and walking. hang in there

A week behind you joy1, 02/03/20. Felt i was doing well until last night around 4am and continued today. By far the most pain ive had, easing off a bit now but been icing all day. No idea whats going on but very down today as a result. Hopefully tomorrow brings a better day. Hang in there.

7 weeks since my surgery. I am getting around fairly well, sometimes use my cane. I am still not able to get into my golf cart or personal vehicle. I can't raise my leg and my groin area is painful when I try to lift it.
Should I be able to do this at 7 weeks? It has me concerned. I appreciate any opinions. :shrug::bawl:

Hello! and Happy 7 weeks anniversary! I personally don't think that is all that abnormal.
I'm sure you've read some threads where everything was feeling great by this timeline, but most of us have quite a few niggling aches and pains.
With my first THR on the left, everything went very well. Then last June I had righty attended to and it was/ is a much slower progression.

I am curious as to what you meant when you said you can't raise your leg? Can you explain that a little more in detail? Have you talked to your OS about it?

@kymamaw, I moved your last post and CricketHip from your pre-surgery thread to your recovery thread. More people will be able to help you in your recovery thread.

Have a great recovery!

I too am almost 8 weeks post-op (2/3/20) anterior approach and have the same problem! I have been trying to put my pants on standing up and cannot lift my leg for the life of me on its own more than 6" off the ground. I need to use my arm to lift the leg. I can do that pain free. Trying to lift the leg by itself to step into the pants is quite painful. Interestingly I can lead with the leg up the stairs - that only causes slight pain.

Any timetables on when this may improve? Any PT exercise recommendations to strengthen these muscles?

Thanks

Hello! and Happy 7 weeks anniversary! I personally don't think that is all that abnormal.
I'm sure you've read some threads where everything was feeling great by this timeline, but most of us have quite a few niggling aches and pains.
With my first THR on the left, everything went very well. Then last June I had righty attended to and it was/ is a much slower progression.

I am curious as to what you meant when you said you can't raise your leg? Can you explain that a little more in detail? Have you talked to your OS about it?

It is painful to try to raise my leg to get into the car, golf cart etc. It doesn't hurt or feel weak when I walk.

Hello and Happy Seven Week Anniversary to you!
At seven weeks you’re still pretty early into a healing process that can take up to a full year, even longer for some. I’m guessing that range of motion will become less painful as time moves forward. As always, if you have concerns a quick call to the office of your OS to speak with a member of his team will most likely bring you the reassurance your seeking. Consider it for your peace of mind if you continue to question your progress.
Have a great weekend. Be safe, stay well!
@kymamaw

:hi: Happy Two Month Anniversary!
How are things going over yonder in Kentucky. Fingers crossed all is well.:fingersx:
Wishing you a great week. Take care and stay healthy. :)
@kymamaw

:wave:Good morning, thank you for checking on me.
I talked to my PA at my OS office. He ask me a lot of questions over the phone. Told me to be sure and take Mobic every day and to not do PT. Do this for a week and if the pain is still there he will give me a steroid taper.
I am sleeping in my bed now and have been able to get into my golf cart although I did have to hike my leg. Now the SUV is another story.
I still have trouble lifting my leg as it is painful. SO hopefully in time, like you say, it will fix itself.

:hi: Hey @kymamaw
Stopping by to wish you a Happy Three Month Anniversary!
With any luck the pain you were enduring a month ago has eased or disappeared.
Please leave an update as time allows. We’d love to read of your progress.
Hope to hear from you soon.:)

Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope you’re doing well and holding up during the unusual events we‘re all navigating.
We’d love to hear about your progress. Stay safe and well! :)
@kymamaw

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks